• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm one of those eagerly awaiting a phone call. I had a friend who just interviewed a couple of days ago. Two other just got phone calls earlier this week to interview next week.

I guess they are interviewing for a June 29 class?!

Hey, speaking of SeaTac. If you like Thai food, drive north on Highway 99 and you'll find Bai Tong on the left side. It's probably a 10-minute drive from the training center. Here's the info:

15859 Pacific Highway South
206-431-0893

Anybody know of any crashpads around SEATAC or in neighboring cities? I'll have a car, but hotels' are too costly for such a long training cycle. Thanks in advance.

Like it or not, the SeaTac area is nicer than MANY other airport areas in the country. Go spend some time by MDW or CLE. Sniff around DTW or PIT a little. I'll take SeaTac I think. I was trying to point out the positive about it. Sorry if that offends.I don't believe I ever said anything about a hotel for training. I said they put me up for the INTERVIEW. Yes, I am sure about that.When I was at the training center for the first interview, there was a memo from Spero on the wall saying that, effective April 1st, the Silver Bullet program was being suspended. For whatever that's worth.Now then... does anyone have any useful info about that second interview?

Good Luck

Just a quick good luck and hopefully someone will give you some advice on the 2nd phase.

FLX757 Thanks for everything, maybe I missed it somewhere why are you leaving this site?

shwing said:
FLX757 Thanks for everything, maybe I missed it somewhere why are you leaving this site?

This site has degenerated into nothing but posers, flamebaiters, negativity, "my company is better than your comany" posts, "your company is crap and is bringing down the industry" posts, banned users re-registering countless dozens of times to spew the same crap over and over again...etc..etc. WAY too much negativity and very little substance.

I have decided to devote my time and engery to a new site strictly for professional aviators where we hope to actually provide useful informaton and support....and to help out specifically with the Alaska Pilots forum on that site once this particular section of it is up and running.

PM me if you (or any one else...particulary Alaska pilots) are interested in more information.

flx757 said:
This site has degenerated into nothing but posers, flamebaiters, negativity, "my company is better than your comany" posts, "your company is crap and is bringing down the industry" posts, banned users re-registering countless dozens of times to spew the same crap over and over again...etc..etc. WAY too much negativity and very little substance.

I have decided to devote my time and engery to a new site strictly for professional aviators where we hope to actually provide useful informaton and support....and to help out specifically with the Alaska Pilots forum on that site once this particular section of it is up and running.

PM me if you (or any one else...particulary Alaska pilots) are interested in more information.

Very well said FLX! And if anyone is wondering - The $10 is WELL worth it!!

Baja.

FTR - Did both assessment's today along with my resume update.

Well, to those bailing out for the other site, thanks for all your expertise around here, and you will be missed. Personally, I'm also convinced that you will be dissappointed, as pay forums NEVER work on the internet. Most of us regard the internet as being all about a free exchange of information - I personally wouldn't pay, but that's just me. Hope it does work out.

For anyone that might be left, I wonder if anyone has an idea of the average time betwee first and second interview at Alaska? From all the interview experiences I've heard about, I'm in kind of a unique place: I did the first interview over a week ago, received the "congratulations, you were successful on the first interview" call a couple days after that... and still don't have a second interview scheduled. At the time they called to tell me I passed stage one, they didn't have the schedule to set up a second interview. They asked my availability, and I told them my days off for the month. They then claimed they'd get back to me in a day or two to schedule the final interview... and it's been a week.

I'm actually a very patient person, so I don't want to sound pushy or anything, like "where's my interview"! ;-) It's not that at all, it's just that, well, as illogical as it sounds, I'm starting to get a little nervous. I've talked to several people that have gone through the new process, and I haven't heard of anyone being put on hold between stages for this long. A couple guys that did their first interviews AFTER me are in the June 19 class, because they were lucky enough to get the second interview same day.

So, anyone have a simliar story, or is this just my luck? (That's actually pretty likely...;-) )

Call them NOW!

Stearmandriver,
As you know, the whole interviewing process has been in a state of change over the last few weeks. This produces an occasional glitch from time to time. I would guess that you fell through the cracks some where along the line. Don't read anything good or bad into it - I would bet that your name simply got looked over or marked off at some point in the last week as having been scheduled or called when you really were not.

Bottom line - call them. Today. Keep calling. Be professional, be nice, explain your situation and I'll bet you will find that there was a mistake made somewhere and they will schedule you for phase II ASAP. Do not sit back and relax (I hate it when guys say that), you are loosing senority with each passing day - and nothing in this business is more important!

Congrats on passing the first half, good luck on the second half. It will be nice to have another round engine brother around the campus.
AK737FO

Congrats Stearmandriver- Hope you hear back from them soon. I think I would call also in that situation.

Not trying to hijack the thread- but how many here think that ties to the Pacific NW or Alaska matter to Alaska Airlines? I have been told that in the past it was a big deal, but don't know if that is the case anymore.

I have ties to the area, and Alaska is my first choice, but still waiting patiently for a (someday?) phonecall.

US... I have been told that as well, and since we're currently living in IL, I made a point to push the fact that my wife's family is in the NW, we love it there and have been trying to move there for years.

Going to pick up the phone right now, I'll let ya know..

Latest resources

Back