• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska ANYONE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean, "they put you up." Did they pay for your room, or is that just a hotel they suggested? What rate did you pay and do they provide any transportation if needed?

Yeah, maybe a little starstruck, sorry. I've been trying so hard for so long to move to the northwest, I tend to be kind of inordinately happy whenever I'm there.

That being said, the Seatac area DID strike me as nicer than Midway, Cleveland, Houston (Hobby) etc.'s airport areas.

CesnaCaptn said:
What do you mean, "they put you up." Did they pay for your room, or is that just a hotel they suggested? What rate did you pay and do they provide any transportation if needed?

Oh yeah, they made a reservation for me, emailed me my confirmation number, and paid for my stay. Pretty typical for an airline interview, from what I know.

Now, when I said the hotel was nice, I didn't mean it was a beautiful place. I mean it was clean, and your standard Comfort Inn. It wasn't the hotel itself I was grading, but the fact that they actually took care of me there. Apparently Alaska puts a lot of their trainees up at that hotel, so they were pretty accomodating. Took me wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted, let me check in at 10:30am, let me check out at noon, watched my stuff while I was at the training center etc.

things must have really changed. When I interviewed last october, I paid for my own hotel, and then i paid for my rental car and hotel for fringer printing and the whiz quiz (which was after I got hired). And then during training I had to get a crash pad, they wouldn't put up anyone in a hotel. Stearman, this is something new, and not the norm at Alaska. So are you positive about the hotel in training or are you just guessing?

The company paid for the hotel at the interview, but you are responsible for your own accomodations during training.

Seatac is indeed a gorgeous place...for samoan crack dealers. The intersection of 188th and International drive is exquisite. Taco Bell, Jack in the box, and a kindly double tree hotel where you can park for only 8 dollars a day eventhough you are there with Alaska. If you have a car go north in 99 until you hit the "rinconsisto" Mexican restaurant. It's great. You'll be the only white, english speaker in there but the food is remarkable.

Hey...I live in SeaTac (technically) just down the hill off Military and 216th...albeit it is sort of Kent (Kent Schools) and sort of Des Moines (Des Moines post office). All new construction homes, very nice neighborhood and a VERY short drive to the Training Center. I guess it all depends on your point of view. Some people can do nothing but see how the world shat on them and how miserable they can be. Others try and find the positive, no matter how difficult that might be.

I prefer to live my life thankful for my family, a brand new home in which to live, a job that offers at least something in the way of a paycheck and what I make of it, a means to increase my marketability should I choose to move on and a place to live that gives me a place and total freedom to pursue my true passion. Those who know me personally know what that is.

So wallow in your misery if you choose. Personally, I choose a different path. Alaska Airlines does not define who I am as a person nor how I choose to look at life.

With that, I think I'll close out my several years of posting on Flightinfo. It's been great sometimes, and ridiculously negative and immature most of the time. I'll be at PPW if anyone is interested.

Take care all.:cool: :D

Thanks FLX

Thanks for all of the good info throughout the past- best of luck to you, perhaps we'll cross paths in person someday if I ever get hired! We will all miss your good "inside" information!

To everyone else-what is the new forum he is referencing?

http://www.propilotworld.com/

Talked to HR yesterday. They are actively going through all applicants, not just the silver bullets. They put together a pile of them based on competitiveness, nothing disqualifying, all boxes checked including the internet stuff, recs, etc. The pile gets sent to a board that meets every once in a while, either they select you for an interview or they send you back into the system to start over.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back