Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong!

Which are being replaced 1 for 1 .

You either aren't here yet or aren't paying attention. Kelly just announced (finally owned up to) the fact that we're currently fat 1000 pilots, short 100 planes.

That's what happens when you absorb all pilots while bringing on less than half their planes. Once again-You're welcome.

And, those planes that you think are being replaced one for one are coming from the RSW pilot side. Not the tranny. Your MEC was fighting hard to claim you all were bringing seat (planes) to the party and that's why you guys got such a smoking hot deal. Arbitrator would have had a field day when Kelly announced the 717s weren't going to fit into the SWA plan. Your MEC saved your a$$ by getting you a much better seniority deal in SLI 2.0 AND also verifying you were protected (read no furlough) should the 717s go away. Which they did.

You so called unionists that want to bash your guys for "caving" should be buying them drinks for life. They got you a better deal than you should have and outplayed swapa. Not hard to do as you will learn.

You either aren't here yet or aren't paying attention. Kelly just announced (finally owned up to) the fact that we're currently fat 1000 pilots, short 100 planes.

That's what happens when you absorb all pilots while bringing on less than half their planes. Once again-You're welcome.

And, those planes that you think are being replaced one for one are coming from the RSW pilot side. Not the tranny. Your MEC was fighting hard to claim you all were bringing seat (planes) to the party and that's why you guys got such a smoking hot deal. Arbitrator would have had a field day when Kelly announced the 717s weren't going to fit into the SWA plan. Your MEC saved your a$$ by getting you a much better seniority deal in SLI 2.0 AND also verifying you were protected (read no furlough) should the 717s go away. Which they did.

You so called unionists that want to bash your guys for "caving" should be buying them drinks for life. They got you a better deal than you should have and outplayed swapa. Not hard to do as you will learn.

Really???

That's the type of arrogance and elitest altitude that earns your pilot group the reputation it deserves...

Yes, really.

Especially considering the fact that they were the anchor on airline pilot pay rates for 30 years, and are now falling behind again.

You betcha! Nothing like bringing a 6th grade education to a Mensa fest.

How appropriate that you use a Sarah Palinism. Seems to fit your level of intellect perfectly.

So why are they hiring?
At the transition luncheon with Gary Kelly he said all 717s are being replaced with 737s as they come off line. He also stated SWA would de within 5 airframes of the total AT/SWA total.

The lower paying lines are the result of increased turn times and block hours to help with the on-time performance.

Fdf

Yup, I won the friggin lotto. 34% seniority loss, loss of my seat, loss of my airplane, loss of my base. There is no pay raise for a line holding captain, it's a pay cut, at least that's what like 4-5 guys who have transitioned have told me as they're "livin the dream". Course, they are no-good Airtran scum lotto winners who are prob lying anyways. When one pilot group is absorbed by another do you really feel that they should be "shown the street?" That's pretty harsh, but I guess that's just your nature.

You sure did. Your airline was for sale and it was bought. Get over it. You lost AirTran seniority and in return for that pain and suffering won RSW pilot seniority. Something guys at your place were leaving in droves to take a staple, start at the bottom, go thru probation and what not. You got a smoking hot deal. The AirTran folks I've flown with are good dudes. Not internet trolls and we don't waste each other's time bemoaning our individual woes RE the SLI. Instead it's move on, stay safe, drink beers, have a good overnight.

The street was a reality not because of SWA but because of your winner take all mgt team that was going to be more than glad to let you guys strike. That's why your mgt boy told Kelly when he asked what your career expectations were, "they had none" That's harsh, especially coming from someone that should have your back but coming from a background where former Eastern scabs were welcomed with open arms it's hard to break that cycle.

I will be a good little foot soldier. I work hard, I like what I do, and If I get a pay raise, well woohoo, I'm all for it. I must admit the ability to change bases every month is appealing that way i can get into your base and bid to fly with you. Think of all the fun we can have!

Bring it on. See above. It's over. We all better start rowing in the same direction. First way to do that is live in the real world and learn from the mistakes of the past. Where do you want to put the next group of ACQUIRED pilots?

You can say what you want about Airtran, it was a good job, paid pretty good, and I liked it. I'm sorry to see it go. But SW is a good job too so I got that going for me. I hope whoever pissed in your wheaties doesn't do it again but hey, have a great day!

So were the other four 121 operators I worked at. Like I said, live in the real world, learn from the mistakes of the past and have a game plan moving forward. SWAPA won't have your back in the next one. They'll go for a negotiated deal just like the last time and if the people being bought don't like the first one, Kelly will give away even more of your seniority to sweeten the deal. Unless, you ink a contract that prevents him from doing so. This is the biggest heartburn I had with the whole deal. The MSWP list is owned by the union and our dip******************** NC handed it to Kelly AFTER Chase claimed "we have no more left to give" and allowed him to cut-n-paste it anyway he wanted to sweeten the deal enough for your MEC. Looks like it worked to the detriment of RSW pilots, like me, as I lost 40% more RSW pilot seniority from SL9 to SL 10

Latest resources

Back