Airtran pilots, what about this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Your Six

How long will it take you to get SWA pay? I know the 717 is a different type (although same size as a 735) and it could take awhile to negotiate that (really?), but how long until a joint contract? Why wouldn't SWAPA want to do that BEFORE the SLI, like the only previous "successful" integration so far? USAir did the SLI first, and one side didnt like it. DL did it, and it looks to me that it was pretty successful.

Yet another reason for arbitration. This doesn't seem right. Could they hold the pay rates over your head unless you agree to their deal? Rhetoric on FI seems to point to that sometimes. SWAPA probably could turn this around and "reward" their new brothers and sisters with equal pay and truely bring them into the "family.". Arbitration can take that into account, like it supposedly did for the DL/NWA case (I was still a corporate bum then).

Make sure you at least get a fair spot on the seniority list, because seniority is forever. And ask why pay or a joint contract isn't done first. It's important. Ask questions. Why take the USAir model of negotiations?

OYS

If I were an AirTran pilot, I would be counting my lucky stars and willing to take anything that Southwest Airlines offered me!

I've never seen a luckier group than the Trannies. Especially since most of them were trying to get on at SWA anyway - not counting the ones that tried but couldn't. I heard it was in the low 90 percent range of AT pilots would either had an app in at SWA at one time or who currently have an app in. Talk about luck!!!

How long will it take you to get SWA pay? I know the 717 is a different type (although same size as a 735) and it could take awhile to negotiate that (really?), but how long until a joint contract? Why wouldn't SWAPA want to do that BEFORE the SLI, like the only previous "successful" integration so far? USAir did the SLI first, and one side didnt like it. DL did it, and it looks to me that it was pretty successful.

Yet another reason for arbitration. This doesn't seem right. Could they hold the pay rates over your head unless you agree to their deal? Rhetoric on FI seems to point to that sometimes. SWAPA probably could turn this around and "reward" their new brothers and sisters with equal pay and truely bring them into the "family.". Arbitration can take that into account, like it supposedly did for the DL/NWA case (I was still a corporate bum then).

Make sure you at least get a fair spot on the seniority list, because seniority is forever. And ask why pay or a joint contract isn't done first. It's important. Ask questions. Why take the USAir model of negotiations?

OYS

Hijacking a new thread????

Is it true yet?

OYS

Since you are so wise with your predictions and continued false and destructive rhetoric, what do you think occurs after arbitration?

That answer is the very reason no SWA or Airtran pilot puts any faith or reason in your statements. However, you continue to post, hoping there is a magic number at which point we all begin to believe the third party hype.

I'm sure you will post again. I would run to Las Vegas and put money on it. However, the next post still will not make it hold any more water than the last post. It never will. Ever.

I cheers again to optimism. Let us all move forward.

All together now.........I - G - N - O - R - E. If everyone had the little men on their ignore list, this place would be so much more constructive. It takes less than a minute.

All together now.........I - G - N - O - R - E. If everyone had the little men on their ignore list, this place would be so much more constructive. It takes less than a minute.

One more please.

Airtran pilots want to know why you care so much about this matter? Why would you spend so much time and energy? (Yea it's been asked before).

Lastly, what pleasure do you receive by creating such a contentious and hateful environment? How do you benefit by the splitting of two pilots groups and adding such discord?

You should not be asking airtran pilots. You should be answering them.

To answer the OP's question, we recently received a memo from Southwest MANAGEMENT that stated many things, like SWA pay, won't happen until 1st quarter 2012.

Of course, we already knew that, from the Process Agreement. The quickest way it happens is a negotiated SLI which will also contain a negotiated timeline for different compensation-based items (insurance, retirement, etc along with pay) for us to vote on. It all comes as one votable package.

If it goes to arbitration... could be much longer, up to an additional year or more, depending on many factors. Won't get into "what ifs" because I don't want to start a debate on the "what ifs" of holding and operating us separately. Already agreed to disagree on that one.

It's definitely a carrot for a negotiated list. Just the way it is, no way around it.

Hijacking a new thread????

Is it true yet?

Started a new one? Is that a problem? Don't read it if you don't want to. Airtran pilots need to think about these issues. When will the pay be equalized? After the SLI isn't good enough.

OYS

Since you are so wise with your predictions and continued false and destructive rhetoric, what do you think occurs after arbitration?

That answer is the very reason no SWA or Airtran pilot puts any faith or reason in your statements. However, you continue to post, hoping there is a magic number at which point we all begin to believe the third party hype.

I'm sure you will post again. I would run to Las Vegas and put money on it. However, the next post still will not make it hold any more water than the last post. It never will. Ever.

I cheers again to optimism. Let us all move forward.

You sound like the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz. Move along fellows, nothing to see here. It's laughable.

OYS

Latest resources

Back