• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilot conference call

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-It is true that management has threatened the NPA with termination of pilots as opposed to furlough if something is not negotiated to keep training department as is. I would assume they would not even have to abide by seniority if they terminate which would allow them to just fire 737 or 717 guys thus reducing training costs. MB said they have no idea the legality or impact that would have.

The NPA will continue to negotiate with the company for other LOA's regardless of the fact that the last one is probably going to put more people on the street AND no progress is being made on our contract.

-Furloughs are a very good possibility and MB said anything from 70-over200 depending on how many planes we end up with and how low the block hours go. But nothing official from the company. The union is working on ways to try and mitigate the numbers.(except the LOA's which seem to continue to help the company and doom jr pilots.)

-The training department guy has pulled his request to return to the line.

I got disconnected after the first couple questions so I don't know what happened from there. I was pretty disgusted though.

86 to 256 furloughs

Line values for Sept and Oct 70 hours

Company will seek voluntary leave of absence first

NPA will counter that Training guys go first, company will counter that probationary pilots are not "line pilots' therefore they can be terminated.

NPA obligated by mediator to continue negotiations despite economic state. Mike said if both parties willing we could have an agreement in August. Said company wants an agreement.

NPA now has a Training Commitee.

Constitution and Bylaw changes coming soon for vote.

Any pay cut/concessions will be put out for a vote.

Every effort being made to keep guys employed.

No new airplanes for thru 2009.

Lastly, for the love of god press 4 and the star button on your phone to mute it so the 150+ folks on the line dont have to listen to your dog bark or kid scream....actually, maybe it was not kids screaming

86 to 256 furloughs

Line values for Sept and Oct 70 hours

Company will seek voluntary leave of absence first

NPA will counter that Training guys go first, company will counter that probationary pilots are not "line pilots' therefore they can be terminated.

Were those number given as: "definitively stated by the company" or a best guess?

He actually did not say the company will offer Leave of Absence. It is just one way that the union will try to convince the company to mitigate the number of involuntary. Our contract does not require the company to offer LOA's.

The training LOA did not go out for a vote so I disagree that ALL concessions will go out for a vote.

Wow. I can't believe the tone you guys are giving. I cannot fathom firing probies just because they can. That is complete BS. I just thought you guys were having morale "issues" before but I fully expect the company to drive you to the brink.

Good luck guys.
Gup

General tone of the conference call was pretty somber. Looks like us probies will be on the street whether it be furloughed or terminated. The question is how many. I sincerely hope they can work it out so we can keep our seniority numbers and recall rights even if it is 2+ years down the road. Best of luck to us all during these tought times.

Latest resources

Back