• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lequip said:
GUILTY!!

Oliver Paul Reason Jr., 37

Shame on you,
Your a disgrace to the profession Oliver Paul Reason Jr., 37

I'd have to agree...serves the co*k sucker right. Too bad we don't have a different rule for this sob. Toss him in the streets of Baghdad!!!

The saddest part of this whole thing is how I found out about it. I was catching a few minutes of the Weather Channel before leaving the hotel room. The "travel correspondant", one of the cute chicks, starts talking about what's delayed, yada, yada, yada. Then out of nowhere she starts going off about some Airtran pilot in Vegas, blah, blah, blah......

That's where I heard about this, on the frickin Weather Channel !! Man I hope this all turns out to be false because if not, we've all been given a huge black eye by all the media including the damm Weather Channel. What's this profession coming to??

By the way....No one has mentioned whether or not the FO was around when this all went down and if he/she was dragged off on suspicion as well. If the FO was present then that person may be in deep sh!t as well.

stillflyn said:
Has any alcohol charge against a pilot stemming from a TSA agent saying "I smelled alcohol on his/her breath" resulted in a conviction?

I doubt it, from what I know, the TSA can not detain. They call a LEO and the LEO's go after the potential perp. If the LEO believes the TSA agent to be correct, then he will administer some kind of field sobriety test and arrest accordingly.

Actually, I wish that they did have the power to detain. As it stands, they get to make wild accusations without taking the steps necessary to validate thier conclusions; leaving it to the local police/deputies to do their dirty work.

enigma

FLB717 said:
Lets give Dave Segul, a brake here. He sits' at home at night typing away trying to feel more than he is. We all have anger issues, he no different. Me, I know i shouldz use spell check, but then what would people like Dave have to complain about. It gives everyone purpuse.

That's HILL-AIR-EE-UHSS :)

To all of the TSA haters:

I know we have heard all of the TSA monikers. Taking Sissors Away, To Stripsearch All, etc..... I used to be the same way before my wife went to work for them. Trust me though, after hearing what they go through during training and hearing some of the stories, Im glad they are there. Ive read a few posts suggesting that the TSA are out to get crewmembers and they only engage in conversation in order to "sniff out" the whinos. I asked my wife if there was a policy or unwritten rule to make small talk in order to smell if a pilot has been drinking. She told me no, that if they make "small talk" with a crewmember, its only to be nice and that they don't go looking for people drinking. Remember, they are there so that you guys don't have to "pop a cap" into anyone who decides that taking over an airplane with box cutters is a good idea.

Last edited:
Kinder, Gentler TSA

Actually, in an effort to ease tensions between TSA and flight crews, they are adopting an old FAA motto : " We're here to help ".

How many airliners have struck tall buildings lately ? See, it's working pretty good, huh ?

I must say, what a load of arrogant pricks you are. Most of you are in the same profession. Why must you insist on treating everyone like poor bastards.

I guess the pilot profession will never have that Camaraderie that most professions have for each other. Clean up the act.

Go visit a Police of Firefighter Forum and see what respect means.

slowto250 said:
Yeah, just ask Rodney King what a bunch of righteous cats they are. " To protect and serve "

Puleeeeez.

He did fight back. Anyway, that was a couple of cops. Most of this forum is lacking respect for one another.

Seems like most on here bash each other. Even when a crash has happend most of you start digging into the deceased and their flying skillz.

I do not need to explain myself. Just about every thread has bashing in it.

Wow, what emotions over wild speculation. I can probably add some perspective on a few things though.

On this flight, the "crew van" has only 2 in it (I've done this trip a bunch). One CA, one FO. The FAs fly the flight from ATL and back as continuous duty. Unless there's lively conversation, I can see how the FO probably didn't notice.

I've only flown with one FFDO, but the procedure I saw is to go to the first TSA agent and tell them in a low voice them your FFDO status. Since this shouldn't be announced to the world, you have to get close so they can hear you. Where they go from there, I don't know, but that first contact is probably where it was noticed.

Doesn't everyone realize that everyone in the airport is looking for the next "drunk pilot"? During football seson, I like to go to the Budweiser Brewhouse in ATL to watch a game and have a meal if I have a while to wait. About every other visit, some passenger makes the "I hope that's water" comment. They're joking to make small talk, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that we're being watched.

So why even drink on the road? Do we need it that badly? Technically you could drink at lunch and be legal to fly on this flight. But why risk it? To blow a .04 at midnight west coast time, that would mean A LOT of drinking at lunchtime. If this is all true, Randy has a serious problem and I hope he gets help.

Let's be careful out there....

Catfish

Latest resources

Back