• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran Officers selling some stock..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK. You're an FO at a major flying an RJ.

Happy ? How does that feel.

Not such a bad idea really ...... Got scope ?

Typical!!!!
That would make sense if I were an FO...
All I was saying is that Airtran doesn't belong in a major category any more that ASA does... get it?
Perhaps we should be flying RJ's at majors, it might get rid of some of the BS in the industry.

Typical!!!!
All I was saying is that Airtran doesn't belong in a major category any more that ASA does... get it?
Perhaps we should be flying RJ's at majors, it might get rid of some of the BS in the industry.
You're not really a major if you're wearin someone elses paint on the side of your planes.

I always used the saying if the name written on the paycheck doesn't match the name painted on the side of the airplane, you are working for a contractor that can be replaced someday so you need to keep trying to get somewhere else. Finally, at my third airline, the paycheck name matches the side of the airplane.

Typical!!!!

Apologies.

OK. You're a Captain at a major. That must feel even better ... ;) Happier?

Just playing man.

Last edited:
Most likely these are pre scheduled sales of stock options. With the airline sector up double digit growth in the last few months many execs are taking advantage of their options.

While insider buying is usually a good sign, don't be alarmed by insider selling, unless there is a lot of it - insiders tend to buy because they have positive expectations, but they may sell for reasons independent of their expectations for the company.

Look for clusters of activity by several insiders. If a company has more than one insider trading similarly over a short period, there's a sign of a consensus of insider opinion. Also, large transactions mean more than small trades.

It's important to know which insiders to watch. Insiders with proven track records with their Form 4 activity should be watched more closely than those with little or poor past records. The most telling trading activity comes from top executives with the best insights into the company, so look for transactions by CEOs and CFOs.

Finally, be careful about placing too much stake in insider trading since the documents reporting them can be hard to interpret. A lot of Form 4 trades do not represent buying and selling that relate to future stock performance. The exercise of stock options, for instance, shows up as both a buy and a sell on Form 4 documents, so it is a dubious signal to follow. Automatic trading is another activity that is hard to interpret - to protect themselves from lawsuits, insiders set up guidelines for buying and selling, and leave the execution to someone else. SEC Form 4 documents disclose these hands-off insider transactions, but they don't always state that the sales were scheduled far ahead of time.

Latest resources

Back