• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Mgmt. meets with NPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes they are. I flew with a union guy last week that said, they are meeting prior to negotiation next month to let the union know were the company stands.

Yes they are. I flew with a union guy last week that said, they are meeting prior to negotiation next month to let the union know were the company stands.

Let me guess. The company stance is for pilot group concessions in work rules and scope combined with maintaining the current management bonus structure.

Did that capture everything?

no that wasn't what was said but who knows maybe it will go that way. If you guys are so concerned that it is bad. Why don't you post it on the NPA forum.

Last edited:
Fornaro has said recently that there is not too much room to cut on the cost side. We already have the lowest non-fuel CASM out there. Let's hope he sticks to his words and continues to look at revenue improvements instead of cost reductions.

By the way, a 10% pilot concession (about $20 million a year) would be zeroed out by a nickel rise in fuel price as we buy about 400 million gallons a year. We may have one of the least trouble causing pilot groups in the industry, but I haven't heard one pilot say they are OK with concessions in the slightest bit (except for the one senior Captain on the NPA website).

no that wasn't what was said but who knows maybe it will go that way. If you guys are so concerned that it is bad. Why don't you post it on the NPA forum.

nj no workie for the Trannie anymore. I didn't even get home from my last trip before I was cut off from all the NPA web stuff. I simply care for all the folks I used to work with (and believe me, there are a lot of them) at all my former airlines.

Is NPA just for AAI pilots, or does it include LUV, JB, or F9 pilots?

The NPA is the AirTran pilots' in-house union.

We (NPA) are a member of CAPA, the Coalition of Airline Pilot Associations, which includes SWAPA and APA, UPS and ABX.

Ty

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back