• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran medical insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the replies everyone. It looks like the first rep I talked to didn't have her facts straight and I'll be on the hook for the 1800 after Delta dental pays their share (about 800). As an a side, 2 years ago (exactly), I had my gall bladder removed, it cost me out of pocket, about 400 bucks including all the testing/consults leading up to the surgery. My wife is an HR mgr/benefits planner and she has always said that the AirTran insurance was very good.

RV

More than a "bit more". The difference in premiums in one year would not make up for a lower copay, unless you go to the Doctor 40 times a year. :rolleyes:

There is some people (within their families) that may not be as fortunate and healthy as you. I do not see how belittling them changes the fact that SWA health insurance needs to improve.

I recently transitioned. My premium on the AirTran side was less for family of four, I was able to zero out my deductible through the incentives and it was 100% pay after $20 co-pay. On the southwest side my premiums or higher, $750 deductible, $25 co-pays and pays only 85% of a hospital bill.

Shhh!!! The Gimp's sleeping. ;)

:D. I had nearly $30K worth of surgery at AAI, total out of pocket expense.............$200. Since we had already met the $200 deductible, total out of pocket expense was $0! The grass is not always greener!

Now this is where I don't support the "bubble" SWA pilots can live in.

Insurance here hasn't been bad. But it's on par with what I had at my old regional and getting worse
JMO

Even if the premium was free at SWA, which I know it is not
There is a Health plan at SWA that cost $0 per month for the entire family. The deductible is $200 per individual with a max of $300. The plan pays 80% until you pay $2500 then it pays 100%. So the max you would pay in a year is $2500, all without paying a premium.

The downgrade, pay cut, higher dental and medical costs, pay for parking, pay for your SIDA badge, pay for your dog to non rev, awful buddy passes, less retirement, less flexibility with your schedule??but they DO have profit-sharing. However, SWA better have a lot of cool aid for me in Dallas.
/Citrus

The downgrade, pay cut, higher dental and medical costs, pay for parking, pay for your SIDA badge, pay for your dog to non rev, awful buddy passes, less retirement, less flexibility with your schedule??but they DO have profit-sharing. However, SWA better have a lot of cool aid for me in Dallas.

/Citrus

Once again, you got a massive pay raise from the day before the acquisition announcement .

Latest resources

Back