• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran got played?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You say a lot of nonsense and I don't feel like going through your over 7,000 posts.

Oh, I heard fresh out of training and you are already firing off grievances? You stay classy, RM.....
Haven't filed a single one. Haven't even talked to SWAPA except to ask about health insurance stuff.

Thanks about my dad though...

I long for the time when we can all just sit at the bar and drink a beer together without any of this crap coming up. None of the pilots asked for this. Each side has battled hard for their people and I hope someday soon it can just be over. I hope we can move on, get an improved contract, start growing and kicking butt again. I hope.

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."

Bull.

Actually it was your Counsel that made that statement. I simply agreed with him.

Which is exactly what I said above.

He asked if, in my opinion, our pilots would be delighted if the AirTran pilot were not integrated into the operations of Southwest.

The answer to that question is "Yes." I never wanted anyone on the street. The vast majority of Southwest pilots do not want anybody on the street. Having been furloughed before I have a good perspective of that.

The AirTran pilots not being integrated would have resulted in us being put on the street, and you know that. Nice spin, though.

Hey Lear...I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Y'all will be in my prayers. Even though we are going through a down time, I will say that Swa does still try and help it's people out when you're going through a hard time. I lost my mom 2 years ago and I'll never forget how much Swa stepped in to help. God Bless you and your family brother.

So PCL, what do you have to say about your beloved ALPA now???

EPIC FAILURE...Again. It is time for them to depart the pattern.

Phred

PCL, maybe you guys should have pushed for the inforcement of your fragmentation clause instead of chasing windmills. Fragmentation was in your contract and all this DRC complaint was a he said she said. Just a thought.

So PCL, what do you have to say about your beloved ALPA now???

Sorry, but ALPA can't fix your mess. When the pilots bend over and take it up the ass on the SLI, don't expect ALPA to be able to clean it all up for you after the fact.

EPIC FAILURE...Again. It is time for them to depart the pattern.

Having our own representation as long as there are separate operations is still the smart move.

OK, it's done, Lear, our prayers are with your Dad, take care of number one. For the rest, it's over, we need to be one union going forward. SWA is getting the union they deserve. But that cannot become reality without unity. Factionized membership is exactly how management gets what they want, when they want it.

Latest resources

Back