AirTran Future orders?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Max Powers

Anyone have any current, reliable and reputable intel on future orders at the Tranny? They have been public about the 2 737s they recv'd in 09-10 and the 7 or so coming in 2011- but after that? For 2012 and after I can find no hard intel on future orders or canceled orders.

On the last conference call, Orlando said 8 737s coming in 2012. The 2008 annual shareholder report (published around May 2009) shows the latest delivery schedule through 2016. That is latest public info.

Rumor is GECAS is trying to get us to take 737s they are getting back from lease return. I will believe it when I see them on property.

Delta is looking for someone to take two of their 2010 737-800 deliveries they don't want.

You guys interested in some "slightly used" -500's or how about some nice round dialed -300's? Now these aircraft all come with 2 real galleys with real operating ovens and other things you probably don't need.

"Now these aircraft all come with 2 real galleys with real operating ovens and other things you probably don't need."

Continental will have to peddle their leftovers somewhere else.

"Now these aircraft all come with 2 real galleys with real operating ovens and other things you probably don't need."

Continental will have to peddle their leftovers somewhere else.

Guess so! Besides, every time you guys get a new 737 from Boeing, we get a check for the difference in what we have paid for a NG and what you guys paid. When AAI ordered all the 737's after 9/11(I was working for AAI at the time), they got a better deal than CAL(who had negotiated the favored nation pricing years earlier under Bethune). All those deliveries meant checks to CAL at a time when CAL needed some money. Maybe we can "peddle" these used 737's to Allegiant? They like used aircraft..

Last edited:
Guess so! Besides, every time you guys get a new 737 from Boeing, we get a check for the difference in what we have paid for a NG and what you guys paid. When AAI ordered all the 737's after 9/11(I was working for AAI at the time), they got a better deal than CAL(who had negotiated the favored nation pricing years earlier under Bethune). All those deliveries meant checks to CAL at a time when CAL needed some money. Maybe we can "peddle" these used 737's to Allegiant? They like used aircraft..

Yep, Boeing just cuts y'all a check. Simple as that. I love southern Tx folk they are just so so hmmm what's the word .... omnipotent.

Yep, that's what happens. I sat in 1st class next to Gordon Bethune on an 8 hour flight in October and he told me just that. I'm sure he simplified it for me being that I'm "Southern TX" as I'm sure they use a wire transfer these days. That being said, it seems a bit odd that I would get called "omnipotent" by someone whose screen name is "Max Powers".

Last edited:
"That being said, it seems a bit odd that I would get called "omnipotent" by someone whose screen name is "Max Powers".

Not any different than CNN or MSNBC praising Obama.

Latest resources

Back