• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cuts 175

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Removal of all 4 valve stem cores would start as a warning, followed by a good ole tire slash as a second warning would speak volumes to the turd eaters who would step on the backs of their own.
PBR

You better make sure you have the right car, or plan on your own hell. I wouldn't pick up time with folks on the street, but you mob mentality idiots piss me off.

Last edited:
Just throwin a thought out here and I realize that it is not popular to be on the side of the NPA BOD nowadays. I still contend that they have a tough job in a tough enviornment, but here's my thought.

LOA 9 was total crap. It got us no real gains. It was mostly in the company's favor. No question about that. The real context of the LOA however was firing -vs-furlough. Period. All the rest is just fluff, but it did ensure that the 177 would not be fired. Now follow the thought and it's mostly directed as a question.

Now I know that this is far fetched but follow the thought anyway. What would happen hypothetically if say Southwest were to buy Airtran?
Well assuming a integration or even a staple of the Airtran pilots, what would happen to the 177 that are now furloughed -vs- fired. I would imagine that if they were fired, they would not be part of any integration/staple but since they are now furloughed I would venture to guess that they would be.

Look, I know that everyone want's to lynch the BOD right now, but you BOD haters have to understand that they are privy to information that we are not. And as far as any secret squirrell stuff that the guys on the npa forum love to bring up, remember these guys at the NPA signed legal binding confidentiality agreements. I don't think that any of them would do prison time to provide information, especially insider information. Hell one of the guys on the BOD is so honest, I don't think he could tell a lie if his life depended on it. Imagine the integrity it takes to come out openly and say I know the LOA sucked, but I voted for it and here's why. Talk about character.

Again just a thought but maybe all is not as it seems.

Now I know that this is far fetched but follow the thought anyway. What would happen hypothetically if say Southwest were to buy Airtran?

And thats about as far fetched as, and follow the thought anyway......There is a jolly ol elf that lives in the North Pole and makes toys for all of the good girls and boys.

Sorry, couldn't resist,, your post does have some merit food for thought.

I really do wish you the best, but 10 years ago they furloughed like 40 guys for like 3 weeks or something like that. I would expect sometime off.

3 weeks is a bit of an exaggeration, but it wasn't long. I was one of the 40. We were furloughed in October of 98' and recalled in January of 99'. (I did not accept recall)

This happened less than 30 days after a checkairman told me, "airlines don't furlough to profitability".

And thats about as far fetched as, and follow the thought anyway......There is a jolly ol elf that lives in the North Pole and makes toys for all of the good girls and boys.

Are you trying to say there isn't a jolly ol elf at the North Pole?????

I would imagine that the Atlantatude would spoil Southwest rather than improve Airtran. Kinda like being offered a few drink, with just a little pee in it.

Looking for MH Zirbel...pm me pls...

It'll never happen, it would be like United and Continental getting together. Or what about American and USairways. :eek:

Latest resources

Back