AirTran A320s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avrodriver said:
How many are they supposed to end up operating???? I saw it today for the first time in person......sweet!!!!!! AD

2 for now, one to LAX and one to LAS. There could be a couple more West Coast destinations in the future, but so far, it's just these two.

According to another message board, there will be a third, spare one, probably unpainted, that will be parked over at Mercury. According to that poster, it was currently going through a "C" check.

I sure hope so, because we work hard to maintain the completion factor we have (99% and change).

According to my sources.... I guess there have been a few "glitches" during this first week of ATL-LAX service with Ryan. They apparently don't have a spare aircraft as of yet, and the LAX aircraft went out on a mechanical, so we ended up flying to LAX with a B-717, with a fuel stop in DFW both ways. The flight was booked to over 160, so 50 some odd folks got bumped to the next flight. These things happen...

It will be great when we have to equipment to service these routes on our own. IMO.. It was/is still a GREAT idea to enter, develop, and compete in these markets right now, even with the headaches that may occur.

A320 with 400 seats?

FL717 and flx757,

You guys probably have it right but.... we landed in Northwest Regional (XNA) the other day and one of your very nice looking 320s was sitting on the ramp in front of the big hangers. I got to talking to our fueler about the airplane and he said there were two more in the hangers.
He could have been high as a kite because, as we tried to talk over the APU, I think he said one had been purchased from some company in the orient and had been configured with 400 seats. Is that even possible in an A320? For what it's worth.......

O2

I did some double checking, and Ryan has two ex-MEA A320s that will be used for the LAS and LAX flights. They also had one on a contract in DEN that has ended, and the leasing company will place that aircraft in ATL for Ryan to use as a spare on a per hour basis.

The second Ryan aircraft is being readied to be placed on their certificate, and is scheduled to enter service when ATL-LAS service begins on the 11th.

As far as 400 seats on an A320, I think your assessment of the fueler was correct.

Latest resources

Back