Airpac Navajo crashes in the Cascades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Horrible news. My prayers to the pilot and family. :(

I was just there over the weekend, I gave them my resume. I hear it is a good company, but bad things still happen to good people.

It's strange that he appearantly had power when he was coming in for an emergency landing. The wittneses said they heard the engines running... I'm thinking maybe he had contaminated fuel or maybe someone put Jet A in while he was in Spokane. Any thoughts???

Sad, sad news... I just met the guy a few weeks ago in MWH. Nice guy... My prayers are with his family.

This is totaly unofficial but I heard from some people at Boeing field where they are based that he lossed an engine and was unable to maintain altitude.

He'd be able to maintain altitude if he only lost one engine. He could continue to BFI if that was the case. He only had 200 lbs of freight. He had to have lost power in both engines to make the decision to land at a 2000" strip.

I've lost an engine on a Chieftain before... it flies very nicely (and that was loaded to the ceiling with freight). Witnesses said they heard his engines when he flew by overhead, so he couldn't have lost them both. The conditions appeared to be day VFR... bizarre.

Well maybe that was not the problem then, just hear say. I didnt mean to start speculating we will all find out when they issue the report.

Latest resources

Back