• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airpac accident at Bayview Apt.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just another positive throw at Airpac... I work with a few guys that came from Airpac and they have nothing but good things to say about Rog. If the pilot pushed the approach, it wasn't forced on him. Besides, a pilot with that kind of experience knows how to tell management where to stick it when it comes to pushing the limits for the company. I have no idea what happened, I wont pretend or guess what did. It's just too bad it happened. My thoughts and prayers with the fam and folks at Airpac.

trybysky said:
Just another positive throw at Airpac... I work with a few guys that came from Airpac and they have nothing but good things to say about Rog. If the pilot pushed the approach, it wasn't forced on him. Besides, a pilot with that kind of experience knows how to tell management where to stick it when it comes to pushing the limits for the company. I have no idea what happened, I wont pretend or guess what did. It's just too bad it happened. My thoughts and prayers with the fam and folks at Airpac.

I must concur with the positive statements made in regards to Airpac, I have spoken to many of their pilot's and I have not heard anything negative in regards to the Chief Pilot or the company itself, let's wait for the NTSB to determine what happened-if it can.

I will throw my 2 cents worth of endorsement for Rog and the Airpac operation.

A great guy personally and an excellent CP (despite being a Canadian!), a superb bunch of pilots, and some of the best IFR flying experience to be had.

Training is first rate, safety is a top priority, and not once in my time there did I feel pressured to take a flight. In fact, I would say it was exactly the opposite.

The aircraft were always well maintained, and the maintenance was proactive. As an example, it's not often freight companies will replace the 2nd vacuum pump that is still working after the other crapped, just because they know from experience that it is likely to fail soon too from the added strain.

My thoughts have been with Roger and Gregg and the rest of the Airpac family.
Go well Eric.

Flybunny, you're a wannabe dipsh!t who needs a good hiding.

Last edited:
Flybunny, you clearly don't know anything about Roger. I flew with him for several years at Airpac. Not only was he always behind the pilots and NEVER pressured anyone to fly if the weather was below minimums, he made that job more fun than it should have been. I don't imagine I'll ever have the pleasure to work with someone like him again, he's one of a kind.

Seriously? Sled?

6 year old thread? I want the last 3-minutes of my life back.
Does Flybunny even exist anymore?

100-1/2

Seriously? Sled?

6 year old thread? I want the last 3-minutes of my life back.
Does Flybunny even exist anymore?

100-1/2

Seriously? 100-1/2?

You knew it was old and you still spent 3 minutes of your "valuable" time reading it? And then complain?:rolleyes:

I am wondering if the airplane had some sort of malfunction that would make him try that approach in that type of weather. An electrical fire for example would make me try an approach that I normally wouldn't try. For myself, I'll just read the NTSB report when it is available.

Latest resources

Back