Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckdanny

Could any give me some info on Airnet? I am considering applying with them, but I have a couple question before.

1. if one meets the requirements for 135 PIC (I do), do they still hire you as a piston SIC first for a few months, or do you get a piston PIC route right away?

2. what are current upgrade times to jet SIC?

3. as a new hire do you get CMH only at first? How long before you can ask for a different base?

4. what is life like at airnet? Are most people happy there? I've heard pretty much different stories from different people; some happy, some not.

Thanks in advance for any inputs! I know there are some airnet pilots on this board, and it would be great to hear from them :)

Buckdanny

Thanks for the replies,

I know about the old posts from 6 months ago, I read them all and I looked at the entire website... What I am looking for is current issues, as everything keeps moving in this industry.

Thanks for any insights..

Buckdanny

Nothing has really changed in six months. No classes until next year and the pool is full.

I second FDX's comments. I just listened to the Pilot Recruitment Hotline by Craig Washka. He said that they were supposed to have a class on 11 SEP, but it's been a little delayed. He said the pool has shrunk though, the next class should start soon, the charter operation is expanding. All this means they should do some hiring soon he says. Call the hotline listed under the the "Contact Us" section at www.airnet.com They have a bunch of numbers, but there is one for Pilot Recruitment. Call it, they usually keep it pretty updated. Good luck.

Peter

Ha Ha Ha Ha.... <------ Sarcasm implied.

I don't know why we would be running a class right now. We, unfortunately, are losing our Fed weekend runs in Oct, which means we will have pilots without runs, which means more guys on reserve. Although, I do think reserve is a cush position with us. Most of them sit at home and wait to be called while bringing in a salary.

Ok, so just to humor the original question here goes...

1. No if you meet the PIC req's then you do not have to SIC, you will get a base right out of class or be put on reserve.

2. Current upgrade to jet SIC huh, well plan on a good year and a half right now, possibly longer. Just to give a great example here... I am in the 150's in seniority, and the last open jet spot went to #151. Sounds pretty good huh, well then consider we have over 260 on the list with about 1 spot opening per week lately. That would mean the last people on the list would have to wait two years at this pace. Now hopefully this will speed up, but we will have to see.

3.No you do not always get CMH as a first base, you will get to choose from open bases, or as it is right now, go sit reserve somewhere. As far as waiting for a base change goes, well when something opens up on a bid sheet that you like you are allowed to bid on it and hope you are senior enough to hold it. If you are, then it is yours for life, or as long as you want to keep it at least.

4. Life at airnet is pretty good. The money is good to start out, plus the raise on Jan 1st will help out even more. I love my run, as has been stated many times on this board, and many can attest to that. I believe i am one of the 2 or 3 guys in the company who can enjoy a normal life, meaning I DON'T WORK NIGHTS.... woo hoo. Other than that it is each his own, some love the night life, others don't. You really will not find out how you feel until you do it.

Hope that all helps.

SIC's?

I sent in an application last week for a SIC slot. I'd be more than surprised if I got a phone call but do you know if they aqre hiring SIC's. I assume if there is no movement then current SICs are moving, thus no new SIC's would be hired.

No we are not hiring SICs and I don't think we will until well into next year. We have too many pilots, and a lot of them are doing nothing. SICs are only hired when future growth is more then certin.

Latest resources

Back