Airnet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DLconnection

Are things continuing to move at Airnet? I called pilot recruitment a week or so ago and they said that there was only 6 people or so still in the pool and that interviews would be starting up soon. Has anyone been called in for an interview lately?

I had left a message on Craig's machine a couple of weeks ago, and he called me while I was on a trip in Florida. I told him I was ready when he has a Lear 35 seat open. He wanted me to fly a piston twin, so that may mean that he's looking for pilots again.

Specifically, he mentioned that he's looking for a Lear 60 captain, if any of you are qualified.

I told him I was ready when he has a Lear 35 seat open. He wanted me to fly a piston twin, so that may mean that he's looking for pilots again.

That's because everyone starts in the props, regardless of experience. Keeps everything in check that way with Lear seat opportunities always lurking for the prop guys coming up through the ranks. They won't hire right into the cargo Lears.

The Lear 60 Capt. slot is open because they need one in the new charter dept.. Most cargo guys don't want to jump to the charter side for various reasons. They don't fly near as much, living on a pager, and the cargo side is more fun and fast paced to name a few.

As far as hiring..........who knows?! I can't get a straight answer from anyone and I work here!

online app

Hey Hyper.

Since you work there, maybe you would know the answer to this. I submitted the online app for the first time a couple of days ago. The reply I got back by email said I did not meet the minimum times to apply and that I should reapply when I did meet the minimums. However, they list the minimum times to apply as 500 hours total flight time, 100 hours cross-country (can be airport to airport less than 50NM), and 25 hours night. My times currently are 1191TT, 850 cross-country (all >50nm), and 229 night.

I don't get it. I guess they are looking at something else in addition to what they list as the minimum to apply.

Airnet is my first choice right now, so I'm hoping I didn't screw something up on the application.

Cheers!

mmmmm, don't know what to tell you on that one. maybe it is possible that you entered the times wrong? Typo error? I would submit it again anyway. If you still have trouble, I wouldn't hesitate to call and talk to Craig Washka. Explain to him your problem about getting the app accepted. After you get that straightened out, update it once a month from then on. It should drop a cookie on your computer which should save you previously entered data for the next update. Stay current. They also strongly prefer you have your CFI certs.

It's a great place to be and I have no horror stories. If they ever revamp their payscale for senior pilots, I'd consider staying for the rest of my career.

Thanks for the input. I went back and double-checked the app I submitted. There were no mistakes. The only thing I can guess at this point is that they require the CSEL before applying. I have had the CMEL for about a year, but not the CSEL. I'm going to get the checkride out of the way as soon as the weather gives me a chance to do so, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I stated this on the app as well. But perhaps the reject letter got triggered because I don't have that yet.

I am going to call Craig and see what's up. I've heard nothing but good about Airnet, and I think that's unusual for ANY company. I also believe I could be happy staying right there if the airlines just don't work out for me. I'd be limited to flying a Lear.....oh DANG!!

I wish you the best with your career.

Thanks A.M.. It is all computer scored. The computer may not recognize the omission of a CSEL. (?) Don't really know, but Craig's a great guy, he'll help you out.

Good luck!

Hyper, I will be leaving here soon and comming State side. Are they hiring anytime soon? I would be willing to do pistons again if they would put me in the DFW area. What do you think?

PilotoHalcon

At AirNet, upon completion of training you bid for whatever runs are available. There is absolutely NO way of knowing what will be available at the time. Even foreknowledge of a new base opening does not help because every pilot gets to bid and you could be outbid by a senior pilot making a lateral move.

One of the good things about Airnet however is, once you hold a run... it is yours until you choose to leave it. There are a few exceptions such as a base closier or run cancelation. But, you don't have to rebid it each month to keep it and no senior pilot can take it from you (except in the case of a few exceptions as mentioned above.)

So, in other words, NO there is no way of knowing whether you would be able to be based in DFW.

Good luck
BoilerBacker

Pilot Halcon,

I just left Airnet and can help you out. Airnet is a good company and I was in DTW for 3 months before transfering to CMH but the odds of you getting DTW are slim at first. I started at Airnet before 9/11 and movement was rapid so you could count on getting the base of your choice in fairly short order. Since 9/11 things have change though. Movement is very slow and the future of the company is unknown. I was there 18 months and was at least 6 months away from making Lear SIC and who knows how far from PIC. The pay is decent for a piston driver but on the Lear side the pay really isnt all that good. Most piston drivers take pay cuts when they get into the Lear since pay is based on a combination of duty time and flight time.

There are two DTW runs and numerous floater postions in CMH but most positions open up in Omaha or TEB for new guys. Anyways, it is a good company that has a good training department which will make you one of the best hand flying, piston twin pilots out there but remember that transporting checks will not be around forever. One really good plus for you is that there is no training agreement anymore.

Latest resources

Back