AirNet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airnet bases

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a florida base out of training. I have 135 min and a little bit more. Thinking about changing careers and was looking at Airnet and some other cargo operators.

I do belive we only have one prop (base) left in Florida (OPF). I imagine the competition to hold that run is somewhat stiff.

GL,

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to get a florida base out of training. I have 135 min and a little bit more. Thinking about changing careers and was looking at Airnet and some other cargo operators.

If you have 135 mins you can choose your base. You will work 8 on 6 off until a run in the base you chose comes open. There are is a prop run in Tampa, and one in Ft. Lauderdale.

If you have 135 mins you can choose your base. You will work 8 on 6 off until a run in the base you chose comes open. There are is a prop run in Tampa, and one in Ft. Lauderdale.

Choosing your base is at best a little missleading! This something you would have work out before coming to class and you better get it in writing before attending. You are not going to be able to come in and displace someone from their base/run.
The recruiter I talked to said, that it isn't done that often and some folks have been turned away because they were not able to relocate.

As far as Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale, I was told by our disatchers that it was closed down. It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong!

Choosing your base is at best a little missleading! This something you would have work out before coming to class and you better get it in writing before attending. You are not going to be able to come in and displace someone from their base/run.
The recruiter I talked to said, that it isn't done that often and some folks have been turned away because they were not able to relocate.

As far as Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale, I was told by our disatchers that it was closed down. It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong!

Good point about getting that in writing. Also, in response to what the recruiter said, I'm not sure exactly how it works, but we do hire into bases for sure. i just met two guys who finished class who did just that.

I just checked the seniority list, and there is still a prop guy in FXE, he could very well be floating out of there if the run got cancelled. So I guess there may be no more bases in FL.

Last edited:
I guess I got the Base wrong. The only prop base left in FL is in FXE. Sorry!

hunt234, you are correct in that do, have and probably will continue to hire directly into bases. I guess what I'm getting at is that it isn't really as simple as it sounds. If you are offered this be carefull in making sure that you will actually end up getting it.

GL,

Latest resources

Back