• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirNet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am interested in working Airnet as a second job. I live in STL and would want to fly out of CPS. I also have only 650TT 30 ME. Is there anyway I could make this work?

I am interested in working Airnet as a second job. I live in STL and would want to fly out of CPS. I also have only 650TT 30 ME. Is there anyway I could make this work?

Not very realistic! Not to rain on your parade, but there are few hurdles you jump before you even get to picking a base. One you don't meet the 135 mins and as far as I know the last two classes had mostly 135 min guys. If you were hired you would have to ride as an SIC for quite some time and I don't think you would be given CPS as a base.

I'm being told that they are willing to hire into a base, but it is strictly based on the need of the company and that is fluid at best.

If you want to work for AirNet go ahead and apply, but don't expect too much, and if you do get want GREAT!

GL,

What is the typical pay for AirNet pilots? Is ORD considered a junior base? Does one think that with 1500 TT and 500 C-208 PIC they would be able to get hired on and hold a line in or around ORD? Is it true that pilots typically are home every night and don't work weekends? Also, how is the QOL with AirNet?

Thank you in advance.

It's not ORD, but MDW. Junior? I don't know, but at the moment there is movement and you should be able to get something you want after 2-4 month's.

As a company yes we still mostly fly at night, a lot of our guys get to go home most mornings, and yes generally you would have weekends off. BUT we are a company in change I don't know if it will continue this way for much longer. It seems like most out based runs still start and end their day in base, However at APA and LCK we are increasingly seeing runs with one or more "overnights" and working a fifth day.

I think it is a trend and I'm willing to bet money over time the majority of our pilots will be on a 8 on/6 off type schedule with most of the 8 day period in hotel rooms.

QL: I really don't like answering this question, because it so much depends on you and your expectations. People are different and want different things. Ask yourself this:

You will be working mostly nights or at best odd hours, are you the type that deals well with that?

GL,

GL,
Thanks for the info. I realize it's an outside shot at best. But, I thought Airnet might be running short on pilots and be more flexible with applicants.

GL,
Thanks for the info. I realize it's an outside shot at best. But, I thought Airnet might be running short on pilots and be more flexible with applicants.

We are short on pilots, but since you don't have 135 mins you wouldn't be able to fly as PIC. They will hire into bases if you have 135 mins.

GL,

This is true, but right now it seems we have been able to fill some classes and as a result the "pressure", if you will, to fill classes has subsided some and from what I'm hearing there is also pressure from "above" to consentrate on 135 qualified applicants.

Off course that doesn't mean it will all change again in two to three months!

If this is somethig you really want, I say go for it. The worst answer you can get is no;)

Thanks for all the great info. I think the type of flying Airnet does would be a blast. I saw on the Airnet website that they offer a "familiarization" flight. Do you all know what that is all about?

Thanks for all the great info. I think the type of flying Airnet does would be a blast. I saw on the Airnet website that they offer a "familiarization" flight. Do you all know what that is all about?

Yes it is fun to fly for AirNet. I think the familiarization flight is something you would be able to do if you are invited to LCK for one of two reasons.

Obviously if you get an interview.

Now there is also a "meet and greet" like session you can participate in. My understanding of it is that you are allowed to ride back and forth on our system and get a tour of our facilities and meet some folks. I also think they throw you in a sim for an evaluation and some feedback.

Anyway, apply and then call flight recruitment and ask about it and see where it takes you!

GL,

Latest resources

Back