Airnet Employees Jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

northernflyer

Is it hard for airnet employees to jumpseat on other airlines. What airlines do they have an agreement with? Can you sit up front on any airlines?

We jumpseat with most Airlines

We have agreements with most airlines ,

We do not ride up front with anybody that we know except Ourselves as there are no seats in the back

Last edited:
We have agreements with most REGIONALS. As far as major airlines the only ones on the list are Northwest, Southwest, JetBlue, America West, ATA and Spirit. We do not have agreements with any of the legacy carriers.

starcheckdriver said:
We do not have agreements with any of the legacy carriers.

You're not missing much there - except attitude usually. (cool crews excluded, but far and few between at these "big boys")

AZT

-legacied out-

Just out of past experiences is it hard to get a seat on the major airlines for the flight you want. I know there are a lot of variables but any info would be nice.

northernflyer said:
Just out of past experiences is it hard to get a seat on the major airlines for the flight you want. I know there are a lot of variables but any info would be nice.

Yes & No. It depends on the route / airline. Your best bet is to check loads on the carrier's website (like www.delta.com for example). Not all carriers have this capability (like America West - so behind the times). In such a case - call their 800 number to list or their jumpseat number to list. The jumpseat numbers are usually hard to find. An ALPA member can get you a list of airlines, procedures, and listing numbers. List the day before - show up an hour before and BE NICE TO THE DEVIL, err...I MEAN GATE AGENT. PLAY THEIR GAME, YOU'RE IN THEIR KINGDOM. When you make it down to the plane, introduce yourself to the FA and ASK TO SEE THE CAPTAIN or ASK TO GO UP FRONT. Don't just storm up to the flight deck - in this post 911 era some FAs get upset and you want them to be happy so you can get in FIRST CLASS! Shake hands, smile a lot, say thank you a lot, it never hurts to bring some treats for the crews either, though totally NOT required. When crews / FAs hassle you about your company (it WILL happen) just grin and bare it. Chances are that these particular folks are just jerks in real life and don't have a clue what their talking about. This happens frequently if you're a small carrier or regional and jumping on a boeing or bus product. Have fun...jumpseating is one of the BEST priviledges in the industry...and I miss it!

AZT

Actually, America West has a non rev pass line that is all automated. They are my favorite to try to jumpseat on since I don't have to call a rep to find out how full the flights are and their automated system is the easiest to use. Southwest has a non rev automated pass line too.

America West: 1 800 894-7277
Southwest: 1 866 792-7529

As an AirNet pilot, I have only been declined a seat once, and that was due to full capacity on the flight. I went to my backup plan and had no problems getting where I was going. In Columbus, there is a posted jumpseat list with all the carriers we have recips with. It is also on our intranet. If you need more questions answered, pm me. Hope that helps.

The Purv (Inside company joke)
USC328

Usc415

I jump every weekend with airtran or northwest from EWR to PNS through either ATL with airtran or MEM with NW. Great crews for both airlines

bertengineer said:
I jump every weekend with airtran or northwest from EWR to PNS through either ATL with airtran or MEM with NW. Great crews for both airlines

Are you TEB based? I that he junior base and what is the run like?

USC415,

Your the one that goes through BED, right? I'm the old 101 Lear SIC. Good to talk with ya in BED, and have fun flying those props. You'll miss them when you get to the jet.

USC328
Purvis

Latest resources

Back