Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bladeusa

living the dream..
a girl at the desk of my gym is curious about becoming a flight attendant but is still only 18. i know there are a few airlines that hire at that age.. mesaba. pinnacle for example.. anyone here know of others so i can point her in right direction.. thanks =)

Piedmont did that some a few years ago, don't know if they still are but with the normal turnover with FAs I would think that they still are.

I believe that as long as the FA's are not opening the bottle/can that they are good to go.

Restaurants with waitresses that are not 21get around this by saying that the bartender is making the drinks and the waitresses are just the means of getting the drinks from the bar to the table.

Republic Airways (Chautauqua, Shuttle America, Republic) hires at 19. We have some maturity issues and a lot of the under 22 crowd are not successful in training, but many make it. Hints: DO NOT hook up with a classmate and then talk about it, get arrested for underage drinking, or complain that class starts at 0800 or you will be immediately shown the door. It's all about professionalism. I've taught the pilot-FA interaction session for a few classes, and the above stuff really does happen, regularly.

And about the liquor: what is served is sealed containers, the pax open it themselves. Therefore, the seller simply has to be 18, just like the clerk at the grocery that scans your case of beer..

..CT

I'll try my best! Altacrashpad! Love you! you are so fun here! For the original poster, have the person check every website for job, for flight attendants. I did work with a 19 year old male, I must say, extremely mature and his overall interest was becoming a fire fighter. I worked with him for 3 years and yes he did serve adualt beverages. I have lost all the rules in my head but I am 41 and became an F/a at 32. I also have a certificate to serve alcohol.

It is interesting because, if a passenger appears intoxicated, then deny boarding, I didn't know the FAA had an age limit for flying to become a flight attendant or pilot. I think for pilot, it is 17 for private pilots license.

All airlines have different rules, whatever is approved in the manual has been blessed by the FAA. Perhaps I may have worded it wrong. I first applied to my first job as a Flight attendant at New York air, I was 18, I Had to to be 19 for an interview.

Latest resources

Back