• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sweptwingz

Airlines lower bar to fill pilot ranks

By Scott McCartney |The Wall Street Journal December 24, 2007

A world-wide shortage of pilots is putting less-experienced fliers at the controls of passenger jets and even forcing some airlines to cancel flights for a lack of crews.

In the U.S., the pilot squeeze is being felt mostly at regional airlines -- carriers that feed passengers to bigger airlines using planes with fewer than 100 seats.......

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/careers/bal-pilots1224,0,807212.story

Let's hope the basic economic concept of supply and demand begins to function properly $:beer: $

In light of the amount of money these companies are offering to pay skilled professionals for their efforts, they deserve every concelled flight, every misconnected irrate passenger, every complaint letter filed and every premium paying customer (left) that says, "F it. I'm going to NetJets." :cool:

We obviously can't rely on pantecea spectres and professional fraternities like ALPA to save the day.

In light of the amount of money these companies are offering to pay skilled professionals for their efforts, they deserve every concelled flight, every misconnected irrate passenger, every complaint letter filed and every premium paying customer (left) that says, "F it. I'm going to NetJets." :cool:

We obviously can't rely on pantecea spectres and professional fraternities like ALPA to save the day.

I wholeheartedly concur with said statement.

SLC
:cool:

Great thread!!!!!!!!
You're only worth as much as you think you're worth, Netjets thinks we're worth something. :beer:

IBT1108.com United we Stand

-

Last edited:
Great thread!!!!!!!!
You're only worth as much as you think you're worth, Netjets thinks we're worth something. :beer:
-

But how many yrs did it take them to realize it?

Increasing hourly rates and work rules is like french kissing your grandmother...

Management would rather spends millions, not on simply making the job more attractive, but lobbying Congress to allow for special work visa's so foreigners can fly our jets....

If you're going to quote something quote the full messege PU$Sy

My how quick you are to start calling someone names. I guess you don't remember that it wasnt that long ago that NJ guys were only making $27,500.

Latest resources

Back