airliners.net threads

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL!

Listen to this little bundle of sunshine...

For those of you who think that a flick of a simple switch is nothing important, let me tell you about an empty turkish airlines 737-400 that dove into the ground at mach 2.0 after its vertical stab broke off at 16,000ft. The a/c departed southern turkey to fly to saudi to pick up pilgrims. After takeoff the pitot probes iced over on both captain and fo's side, giving them no chance because this put the comparator device out of function. The icing caused the a/s to reduce to a reading of 45 knots, both pilots confused and in clouds push full throttle and full forward, because the ADC indicates the aircraft is in a stall, and shaker goes off...there was a flight attendant in the cockpit and they were SCREAMING and i never want to hear that cvr ever again in my life, they nose dove at over 50,000ft /second VSI and the tail ripped off at 12,000ft, the largest peice left was 12 cms long and the hole was 17m deep....

All this because the checklist was not followed and the pitot heat was not switched on....
Mach 2.0 dive in a 737?

50,000'/second, huh? That's approximately Mach 45.00.

And after his fellow airliners.net'ers call him on it....
my dear friend...i am a graduate of Emrby Riddle Aeronautical unicersity with a minor in aircraft crash and investigation. Next, I am an avid aviation enthusiast and i do NOT BS, and i am insulted by your reply to my post. That 737 was empty and there have been MANY aircraft accidents of this sort due to icing and instruments being read wrongly. Next I'm afraid that I am speaking from facts my dear friend. They were in a VERTICAL DIVE, which means STRAIGHT DOWN, and YES i have facts, I took a class 2 weeks ago in Central Turkey, TAUGHT by the investigator of the crash itself WITH the actual FDR sitting on display 10 feet from me in class. As we ran through the tape the VERY tape of the crash, we see, throttles set to MAX FORWARD and VSI 50,000ft/MIN. There was a 17m hole in the ground...17 meters....do u know what that means? Can you imagine what kinda of energy this aircraft had? A hollow metal structure usually compresses upon impact, this made a small crater!!
Oh, that's why.

Pheww!......... Dang!........ That wore me out!

After reading that, I feel marginally less moronic for spewing verbal masturbation about "winglets" for two days!

Whenever I read that site I usually end up yelling at my monitor.......

Back when it was free, I posted a couple time on there, only to have 2 ERAU students get on there and say I was not a pilot, and that I was lying.

Yeah if Im ever sad I know I can just scroll down the list of topics on that board and laugh my butt off. It's amazing how they can argue over something so insignificant. I personally like the first response:

SCARY! Totally shows that they were NOT following check list!

What if the light to show the bathroom was occupied didn't come on. That could mean a terrosit might be inside preparing to go nuts, and nobody should know. They should lose their operating certification!

Airliners.net - where 14 year olds can pretend they are pilots and know everything there is to know about aviation.

Flightinfo.com - where 18 year old private pilots can pretend they are airline pilots and know everything there is about the profession.

/sarcasm

That whole board is useless drivel that should be an insult to any *real* aviator.

BoilerUP said:
Airliners.net - where 14 year olds can pretend they are pilots and know everything there is to know about aviation.

Flightinfo.com - where 18 year old private pilots can pretend they are airline pilots and know everything there is about the profession.

/sarcasm

That whole board is useless drivel that should be an insult to any *real* aviator.
And this board is any better?

I guess this board has somewhat useful drivel, as long as you stay away from the religious, political and netjetwife posts.

English said:
And this board is any better?

I guess this board has somewhat useful drivel, as long as you stay away from the religious, political and netjetwife posts.
I especially like this part...

somewhat useful drivel
Taken in its proper context, this board is at the very least humorous, at its very best informational.

Latest resources

Back