airlineapps.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Anyone use them/ if so what do you think? our company is looking at using this service

I have used them and don't care for it. However, that being said I will use them if I want to apply to a company that requires it. They ask for too much info that I think is irrelevant. Does an airline realy care about breaking down flight time by model all the way to c152 and how many night xc night landings someone has. It feels like a full application just to send in interview info. I think that there can be an easier way for the applicants to apply. I have chosen not to apply to some companies because I do not want to deal with airlineapps.

I have used them and don't care for it. However, that being said I will use them if I want to apply to a company that requires it. They ask for too much info that I think is irrelevant. Does an airline realy care about breaking down flight time by model all the way to c152 and how many night xc night landings someone has. It feels like a full application just to send in interview info. I think that there can be an easier way for the applicants to apply. I have chosen not to apply to some companies because I do not want to deal with airlineapps.
It is so, like in my 1996 UAL interview, they can discover a 34 (10,000+hr pilot) hour error in your reported flight vs your log book, so they can put you on the spot about attention to detail.

I would only use them if I were going to encourage people not to apply. I thought the process you had set-up was a good one.

I did used them. I had to buy an electronic logbook to make sence of my 2700 flight hours by model (crazy). Now that I have it in there it will be easy to apply to othe jobs.

On a side note I did apply to Eagle and SkyWest onl got an interview with eagle! I wonder if they only send your app to one airline at a time to avoid competition????

The big problem with them - from the user/pilot standpoint - is that they are so complicated that most people end up having to spend the $60 each year for the membership while job hunting. And the applications are very complicated to fill out (i.e. breaking your time down by the hour) along with being very slow, clunky, and the user-interface is old. As the previous poster said, lots of people don't want to deal with it. But, in your case, I would go for it...

It will bring more qualified applicants to the front door.

Why? Because Colgan, Pinnacle, ExpressJet, Skywest, ASA, and etc. use it. Most people will spend the $60 (as I did back in the day when I was applying to the regionals) to be able to just fill out the one application and send it to multiple airlines. (Rather than spend hours filling out the same application over and over again - possibly risking an error) So... back when I was applying to the regionals, I checked off every airline that was affiliated with airline apps. (even if I knew that I wouldn't get called, because you never know) The $60 was worth spending to me for the overall hassle and that "checking off of every airline that might be hiring" is what I believe would help drive people to the company.

My point is - the same pros and cons about the airline will still exist for someone looking for a job if you call them: Pros: You pay $15,000 more than a regional for the 1st year, $8000 more than typical second year pay, and the experience you get is still some of the most challenging flying that I've done. Cons: It's still on-demand charter (i.e. the schedule/lifestyle) and it's not a time building airline. (And as Ernest Gann would say - it's all about the Numbers - and without time building your numbers may just remain out of reach for longer, or you might miss getting your dream number.)

So, it may be a harder sell to convince people to take the job, but I think that the service will bring in more applicants and get the company name out there. (The normal job postings are buried very far in the bowels of the internet...) I have to be honest, I have spent a lot of time learning as much as I could about all the 121 carriers out there, and I thought I knew every carrier out there (from my own days in air cargo) and I had never heard of the company until someone posted the job notice on JC last year.

Haven't seen you at the gym lately... but I've been going earlier and later in the day. (Less people to look silly in front of.)

I would avoid them.

My experience leaves me feeling like they just extorted $64 out of my bank account.

I filled out the Delta Application. I kept it updated. And then when I went to login to update they said my application was inactive.

I had two choices. The first one was to continue without paying the $64. However, they would erase my Delta Application and require me to fill the entire thing out again.

Or I could pay the $64 to preserve my application and the hours I spent to complete it.

So, If I didn't want to flush hours of work down the tube I had to pay $64.

What really makes me mad is that they NEVER sent me an email advising me my application was inactive. I understand Delta is not hiring right now. But what if they were?

I filled out a request form to ask a question about this whole $64 thing. They never got back to me.

Stay away.

In many states it is illegal to charge an application fee for employment.

AirlineApps gets around this by offering "free" applications but they intentionally make it so inconvenient and frustrating that you are forced to pay their "convenience" fee.

I despise the practice, and them, and their antiquated, overly complex website. Some second-rate web developer spent a week or two coding and is now trying to sit back and relax and rake in the dough.

For the life of me I cannot get my times to add up correctly in the Flight Summary section. When adding in the PIC and Instructor, and Dual/Stud Time specifically, does anyone have any advise as to how one can typically screw that up when filling out airlineapps?

I'm pretty frustrated and I suspect there's likely an obvious answer that I haven't discovered. Thanks!

I got the same problem!!!

2y3u3ame.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back