• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was hired at TWA in 1996 with about 3000 + hours. Mix civilian and military. I was hired at CAL in 2005 with 8000 + hours. If you are straight military your time would probably be lower when hired as opposed to straight civilian. Military guys fly less per month than civilian.

I did see women get hired at UAL in the 90's with 500 hours. They worked hard and deserved it though.:rolleyes:

Good thread.

Is turbine PIC going to be an important factor when calling people for interviews or will it be total turbine, part 121 or what? Most airlines don't seem to have the turbine PIC requirement. Are they going to change that now that they could with all the regional guys loaded with left seat time?

I have heard regional people getting hired from the right seat to Continental, Spirit, JB without knowing people and with no turbine PIC. How about the rest of the airlines?

If it's CAL then that's the exception rather than the norm. The few people I know who went right seat to right seat definitely knew someone. Most people in our class either had mil time which was a little lower or else around 4-7k hours with a good dose of turbine PIC.

A lot of folks won't tell you right away they knew someone, but after talking to them for a while you figure it out.

Not judging, just facts.

They will start out with higher mins. then, as the pool dries up, they'll take lower and lower experienced people.

It's amazing how choosy the HR people can be when there's a glut of pilot applicants. TC

Does anyone remember American Airlines flight time mins?

Northwest was 1500 TT, 1000 tpic pre-911. However, competitive mins were more like 5000 TT, 2000 TPIC. Posted minimums don't always mean you are qualified.

Anyone have the numbers for US Airways?

Latest resources

Back