Airline Apps question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AWACoff

What does IAW mean in regards to, "Is you ATP written current per IAW FARs?". I am an ATP so I don't understand why they are asking if my written is current. Thanks.

Keep in mind that most HR dept's don't know what FAR's are. They only know some aviation terms.

I.A.W. = In Accordance With.... This abbreviation is used alot in aircraft maintenance recording, such as ..... This aircraft has been inspected IAW 100hr/Annual inspection and has been found to be in airworthy condition.....

Ahhh, thanks bell47 for the clear and pertinent response. I've seen it in the aircraft log but I never knew what it was. I guess my written must be current because the only choices were yes or no.

What does IAW mean in regards to, "Is you ATP written current per IAW FARs?". I am an ATP so I don't understand why they are asking if my written is current. Thanks.

The reason they are asking this, is because most written exams expire after a certain period of time if the check ride hasn't been completed. The ATP written is the only exception AS LONG AS you are currently working for a 121 or 135 operator. So... in asking if it is current, if you have taken the written but not the practical, its current as long as your currently working (no expiration date).

The reason they are asking this, is because most written exams expire after a certain period of time if the check ride hasn't been completed. The ATP written is the only exception AS LONG AS you are currently working for a 121 or 135 operator. So... in asking if it is current, if you have taken the written but not the practical, its current as long as your currently working (no expiration date).

The ATP written is not the only exception....don't forget about the FE written.

Latest resources

Back