Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thepotato232

Tuberriffic
Has anyone else seen the deal that Pan Am Flight Academy's running on their website for 737 and A320 type ratings?

They're offering the A320 type with the home-study CBT ground school for just $6,995 through December and January. The 737s vary based on the model - they're running the $4,995 course for the old -200 Thunderguppy, $5,995 for the -300 EFIS, and a 737 rating with the NG endorsement for $9,995

I'd never seen such low quotes, especially for the Airbus, so I called them up - they've got several new simulators up and running, and are trying their best to fill them for the winter months, since the training business is apparently slower over the winter. The'll be running the deal for December and January starters only. Since just about everybody on this board's got their eyes open for their next job, I thought I'd call it to folks' attention.

There's a reason there are open slots...no open jobs worth buying a type for.

What good is a type rating? It doesn't apply for any job in the U.S other than Southwest and abroad, the airlines in Arabia and Asia want time in type.

Latest resources

Back