Air Wisky and Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c152

I know that JB has planes on order 2005. The word around ORD is that Air`Wisky is working on a deal with JB. Yeap it is rumor but that is what this board is all about.

I had a very senior Whiskey JS this week and there may be talks already in the works. It would definitely be a much needed shot in the arm for ZW, though they will be continuing to run small newhire classes each month for now in the SJ.

If Air Wis were talking to JB (and I doubt they were) no line pilot has any idea what they're discussing. Use your head.

NO ONE saw us getting the AirTran work until it was announced. Certainly no "senior" AirWis pilot on your jumpseat.

S.

JetBlue Scope?

To any JetBluers out there, are there any scope limitations in your contract that you are aware of for RJ flying? I.E. 70, 90 seaters? Just curious,

Titan

My understanding of the jetBlue RJ order is that the airplanes are supposed to be owned and operated by pilots on the JB seniority list only. These airplanes will be "jetBlue", not "jetBlue express".

While I would faint with joy if something happened with Jet blue. I doubt it, I thought they were ordering those 100 seat EMB's so they wouldn't need regional feed.

Our president and COO has said that many regional airlines came to us asking if we would use their feeds, partner, etc. We turned them all down and opted to buy 100-seat jets flown by all jetBlue pilots because we feel it is important to have the jetBlue experience across both aircraft types. The only way we could control the experience was to do it ourselves. That means our people and aircraft equipped with leather seats and TV.

I've learned to never say never at jetBlue, but I think the chance of us partnering with a regional feed is below 1%. Sorry.

I said below 1%. I didn't say how far below 1%!

Latest resources

Back