Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WolfManPack

Hello everybody!

I'm a pilot on furlough from another carrier and have applied to Air Wisconsin. Unfortunately, I do not know that much about the company, contract, work rules, moral, etc. so I was hoping that some of you who have either recently worked there or currently work there could give me some insight into the company from a pilot's perspective.

First glance it looks like a pretty decent place to work all things considered and since I'm from the Carolinas originally I was wondering if it would be a long wait to get to the RDU base or maybe even ORF.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everybody!

I'm a pilot on furlough from another carrier and have applied to Air Wisconsin. Unfortunately, I do not know that much about the company, contract, work rules, moral, etc. so I was hoping that some of you who have either recently worked there or currently work there could give me some insight into the company from a pilot's perspective.

First glance it looks like a pretty decent place to work all things considered and since I'm from the Carolinas originally I was wondering if it would be a long wait to get to the RDU base or maybe even ORF.

Thanks in advance!

Usually the morale improves as the morals slip. Think of it as an inverse relationship. :p (Sorry, couldn't resist!)

One Air Wisconsin guy on here a few threads back was saying how much he hated flying for them. Do a search.

One Air Wisconsin guy on here a few threads back was saying how much he hated flying for them. Do a search.

I am sure you can find one person at every regional airline that hates flying for their company. There's a bunch of people that hate flying for GoJets, so Whats you're point?

To counter the spoil sport, I spent 13 years at MVA & Air Wisconsin and while enduring some battles, had a really great time. The morals were low and the morale was high back in the prop days and midwest winters, especially during the early years when we flew under our own name.

How it is there now I haven't a clue, but was a good place to work back in the day.

Good luck finding work WolfManPack. Furlough sucks (been there more than once), but you've kept your sense of humor so you are doing well.

Ralph

I have been here four years. For another regional (This is my third) it's not a bad place to work. It is not Utopia, but it's not hell either. We have our quirks like all other airlines. Industrywide, there is little movement and expect to be RSV for a while. We have a good contract, but our schedules can be a little better. As for RDU, the past two vacancies had no backfill for RDU or LGA. RDU did go fairly senior for
FOs. I live 2:25 from RDU but did not want to be a junior line holder.
A positive attitude can go a long way here. Like every airline, you have those who like working here and those who will fill your ears with their hatred and bitterness towards the company. We need people badly, so good luck! Training here is very user friendly as long as you study and are ready and willing. The training dept. is willing to help pilots get through, unlike my last company.
PM me if you have any further questions.

Oh Please. Air Wisconsin management threatens you if you call in sick or fatigued. They threaten you if you try to refuse a junior manning assignment. Our planes are filthy and we have many pissed off and angry pilots here. We operate in the Northeast and we can not seem to handle irregular ops. And we have no future beyond 2015 and our management thinks we are overpaid.
If you can tolerate the BS here, then this place is for you. First chance I have to get out of here, I will.
With all due respect, JB, I have to disagree on alot of your post. I hope you did not have the cyanide laced kool aid

Latest resources

Back