Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wd

Regards all;

As an aside, try not to put too much thought into Whiskey Driver's "insider info". He tends to see issues through his own skewed perspective. It is not always representative of what may be factual.

stillaboo said:
How does anyone know this? Why wouldn't Wiskey or Mesa or Skywest get 170's for UAL too?

Air Wis never put a bid into UAL for 70 seaters just 50's and the 146. Powers to be said they weren't going to bid on it at such short notice from UAL without knowing all the costs associated etc. That's not to say they (70 seats) won't go elsewhere, good buzz around town is AirTran wants 20 of them ;)

Wiskey Driver said:
Well, I will be the first to chime in on this issue from the inside!!! This sure ain't what this pilot group was expecting!!! ALPA fuked us over and good!!!!!! All we heard was "growth, growth, growth, growth, growth, growth" we didn't get $hit!!!!! "if you don't take these cuts you will be out of work in a yr"!!! sure looks as the out IAM boys and girls showed the heart, I guess they realize that they are skilled labor, too bad the pilot group lost sight of that. But hey look on the bright side, 10years to think about!!!

WD.

Geeze WD smokin the crack again man! NOTHING in the release was different from what we were told from day 1 of this TA stuff.

But then you must have your own sources!! All this from a guy who REFUSED to even attend a roadshow and has been so vocal in pi$$ing of his own co-workers.

the way i read it, is that Air Wisconsin will be allowed to add only 17 more Crj 50 seaters (60 total) over the next 11 years for UAL express flying?? that doesnt not seem like alot of growth..Does this also mean that with the UAL deal done do the consession go into effect on Oct. 1st?

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the agreement was signed Oct 1,
the concessions are effective Nov1. The TA said it would be effective the following month of the date it was signed.

with UAL allowing for 17 more CRJ (60 total) and allowing only 10 BAE 146 to be flown after 2005 which they have 17 of now .. would that mean a net increase of 7 airplanes with this UAL 11 yr. agrrement?? doesnt seem right if Air Wisconsin is suppose to more flying for UAL in IAD if ACA leaves the UAL express system.

Minimum of 10 146's doesn't mean that 7 will go away. Either way I agree it doesn't look like alot of growth, I'd say for the immediate future I'd rather see the majority of our resources going else where anyway other than UAL. Nowhere does it say we can't put in a bid for additional flying again after the MX get things ironed out. Mesa signed an agreement for the Dash's and then came back later and signed another agreement later for the rest of the shi.t. Management had to get the ball rolling on this UAL stuff so obviously this is the bare mimimum. Planes are arriving and they need a home. It would do management no good to come out and say we are getting 20 more aiplanes for AirTran and XX amount for UAL until they squeeze every penny out of MX as well......unil this is done I would expect no futher announcements for additional airplanes for any of our companies. AD

There are two E170 sims in the building with all the Bombardier equipment in Montreal....which is probably causing no end of heartburn to Bombardier.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the agreement was signed Oct 1, the concessions are effective Nov1. The TA said it would be effective the following month of the date it was signed.

That's exactly what I thought. I found the copy of the TA they distributed during the voting process. I would quote it exactly but I left it in my flight kit in ORD but it was something to the effect of.....The TA will become effective the first day of the month unless an agreement with United is signed after the first. In that case the TA would become effective on the first of the following month. So since we signed the agreement on the first we take it in the arse starting today. How I wish you were right brotha!

Rottweiller said:
Geeze WD smokin the crack again man! NOTHING in the release was different from what we were told from day 1 of this TA stuff.

But then you must have your own sources!! All this from a guy who REFUSED to even attend a roadshow and has been so vocal in pi$$ing of his own co-workers.

Rottweiller, you sound like one of those f/o's that voted yes on the POS contract because you think you will upgrade and then it wont realy be a pay cut, but a pay raise. Thanks JACKA$$ you fuked the pilot group. BTW, im sure you'll say " I voted no"

Latest resources

Back