Air Wisconsin training!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8tor33

Can anyone tell me how training is at air wisconsin in terms of pass rates, instructors, duration, etc. Thanks!!

Excellent training department for the most part. Pass rates? They don't hire you to fail you in training. I have no idea what the pass rate is but I'm sure its very high. The instructors I worked with were great - no complaints. Duration - 2 weeks indoc in ATW, 2 weeks systems in DEN, 4 days CPT in DEN, and the typical 8 sim sessions plus a checkride give or take a few. Weekends off during classroom instruction (usually).

Don't worry about passing training. Most people who fail training at any airline do so because attitude problems or being a horrible pilot. If you are confident in your skills and learn what the instructors tell you, you will have no problem.

"Cooperate and graduate" those are the key words for training.

congrats!

i recently failed basic indoc at air wisconsin; my mother passed away a month prior to the ground school and i also drove 3000 miles in less than 3 days getting there phisically and emotionally exhausted; i just coldn't pull myself together.
get plenty of rest and take care of any personal issues that may be a distraction during training.
good luck and study hard.

JJJ said:
Don't worry about passing training. Most people who fail training at any airline do so because attitude problems or being a horrible pilot. If you are confident in your skills and learn what the instructors tell you, you will have no problem.

"Cooperate and graduate" those are the key words for training.

Unless of course you are hired here at Mesa....

(but you weren't, so congratulations and good luck) :D

av8tor33,

Congrats!

I'll be there with ya! Got the call last Friday.

-Night_Flight-

Last edited:
there was a guy in our newhire class that failed indoc. The company gave him a second chance on the test, but he failed it again. I think they did all they could for him, and felt that if he failed that then he would have an equally difficult time with systems and sim. Good dude, but just didn't click for him. weird, because he came from another airline and had like 3 years in there.

g'luck

UP

There are folks not very high up in management who have the power to 'order a hit' on any probationary pilot and put them back to the street. I've witnessed the Flight Dept. management folding under the slightest hint of trouble from another department or their superiors. One example, was a probationary gate agent who made an alleged claim to her boss about a pilot making advances toward her. The pilot was canned, and so was the agent about 3 months later for mental instability. In another instance, I overheard a crew scheduler telling a co-worker, if any pilot got on their '$hit list', it would take them less than a month to rid them from the company.

Latest resources

Back