Air Wisconsin News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Titan5

Just heard from Kristi in recruitment. She said there will be no class in early February like the rumor mill has mentioned. She spoke to the chief pilot today and he said there was a remote chance of a late Feb. class otherwise we're looking at MAYBE March now.

I was hoping to hear some good news this week but oh well. Take care everyone...

All I have to say is be patient for now. With the last of the 328's on the way out we have to train those pilots on the CRJ and 146. That is most likely taking a lot of time from the instructors. We have three CRJ sims going non stop in DEN and no end in sight. Net growth this year will be close to 25 percent of the total company size if not more. So, in other words they may not be having classes in the next few months but it WILL start soon.
The AWAC leaving ORD rumor is so funny. I wonder how that has gotten around? Anyone from ACA know? I guess that is why we just awarded about 40 new pilot slots for ORD. Almost all the 328 displacements are going to ORD or ATL.

Nah, latest is that we will conquer the ghetto terminal 2 and you high-class cheezheads will get the luxury of the B concourse at terminal 1. I already see the BAC jets over there. Be happy you is leavin da hood! :D

Have a good one!

Actually that might not be far from the truth. There has been a rumor (there's that word again), that at sometime in the spring we will be moving the 146's and quite a few RJ flights to the north end of the C concourse and just keeping a couple of the F gates.

Hey though could be worse could still be parking at F1 and F2 gates - in this cold? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

Haha, next time you go to work and see us walking out to F1 and F2, why dont you have a good look at the two letters at the end of our registrations!

Sims

You said that you currently have 3 CRJ sims operating in DEN, are all 3 owned by Wis? Do they just train Whiskey pilots there or do they contract out as well?

You know, that's a real good question and I wish I had an intelligent answer but the fact of the matter is I really don't know. I did my PC last month and there are a couple of CRJ 700 CPT trainers. I was also informed that ti only takes a couple of minutes to convert the sim from a 200 to a 700. I would seem like a waste to not sell the open slots to other carriers.

WD

AWAC Leaving ORD

WD was asking why the ORD rumor keeps coming up. I think we keep it alive at ACA to keep our spirits up!! Growth HAS to come from SOMEWHERE! After we kick AWAC out of ORD, we are going to buy United. Where do these things come from?

acaTerry:

Try reading the latest edition of the Daily Briefing, there's good news about our expansion of Chicago starting in Feb......

Latest resources

Back