• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air net

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sure there are some downsides, but it's really nice to see so many people speaking highly of this company.:beer:

Description:

People that work for a company are not always the best informed about that company!

True, but sometimes what our recruitment folks says and what our Training/Flight department offers doesn't always match. We have had some "episodes" lately, but I think they have been straightened out.

Ask about the increased salary package and then get it in writing.

The absolute minimum you will make at AirNet (As a 1st year prop PIC) will be 2155.2 before tax. You'll get 13.47 an hour and will have monthly guarantee of 160 hours. Then the bonus, overtime, charters and pr Diem.

Some runs have overtime, some don't. Some runs have overnights (pr Diem), some don't. Some bases are located such that charters come frequently (LCK being one of them) and some don't'. You get the idea!

I'm not trying to discourage you, but the reality is that we have runs that pay base and 8 on 6 off doesn't give any sort of guarantee to make any overtime. As a matter of fact you can have several check with out any extra.
I would plan my finances based on the guarantee.

I would not come to Airnet if you for any reason need a particular base in order to work here. For all you know you might end up in TEB. Our industry seems to be making a turn for the worse and when it does people stay put. LUK has always been popular and is likely to stay that way.

I've worked here a while and enjoy it! Like most places we have issues, but for the most part they treat you nice and pay is ok. Insurance is good for a single guy/gal, but not that great for a family. Our maintenance is outstanding and nobody will make you fly a broken airplane or fly in weather that an airplane has no business flying in.

Good luck,

Just skimmed through the most recent Airnet 10-K and lets just say it didn't give me the "warm fuzzy's".

• How hard is it to get into APA, and DTW? Can you float until the base you want becomes available?
  • Do the props have radars or autopilots (stupid question from my prior experience hauling checks)
  • How are upgrades awarded?
  • What is the typical progression of a pilot: Baron, Caravan, Lear?
  • Does prior jet / bank check / on-demand count for anything when it comes to awarding aircraft / base (insurance requirements) or is is just seniority?
  • What is training like?
  • What about training pay / accommodations?
  • Where is training?
  • How much do internals help?

Last edited:
  • How hard is it to get into APA, and DTW? Can you float until the base you want becomes available?
  • Do the props have radars or autopilots (stupid question from my prior experience hauling checks)
  • Does prior jet / bank check / on-demand count for anything when it comes to awarding aircraft / base (insurance requirements) or is is just seniority?
  • What is training like?
  • Where is training?

(disclaimer, my info is almost 2 years old. feel free to update or correct)

APA isn't an option right out of the gate, it's a jet-only base. DTW is a prop base and can be a starting option.

Yes they do, but some are better than others. Some are just plain possessed.

When a route/seat is open at a particular base, bid sheets go out (used to be every Thursday). Awarded based on seniority. An example would be route 222 based at AGC in a baron, or reserve lear SIC based at LCK.

typical progression is prop, lear SIC, lear PIC. The van, the baron, and the chief are all considered equal.

It definitely won't hurt.

Training runs about a week or week and a half ground school, 5 sim sessions, 5 flights, transition to a new plane if necessary, and you're off and running.

They put you up in a hotel (it was a candlewood when I did it) and you get paid per diem (it was $150 a week when I did it) during training. As soon as you pass the checkride you go on payroll.

Training is at LCK.

They help A LOT.

• Any chance of going straight into the van as a floater or in DTW?
  • How big of a base is DTW?
  • Is there a training contract?
  • How long before I might see the Lear and or APA?
  • Do they need instructors and is there any extra money in that?
  • Is there a financial benefit to being a floater, and if so what is the down side?
  • Do they like stinky freight trash like myself? (if you know me you know I can't type that long without cracking a lame joke)
  • I am sure I will have more as the day goes on. Lame jokes and questions that is. I just filed for unemployment, talk about dehumanizing.

• What is training like?
  • Where is training?

Much of this info you can find on www.airnet.com

Everyone starts in the props. You are then able to upgrade to Lear strictly based on seniority, with the exception that you have to have 2000 hours for insurance. This is rarely a problem however. APA is a jet base, so you can't start there. However you can pick any prop base and float there until a run in that base opens up. Upgrade times seem to mainly rely on the industry. There used to be Lear runs on the bid sheet every week. I haven't seen one now for a few months.

Surprising to many, nearly all of our planes have radar/gps/autopilot. The company is starting to replace the gps's in the Lear with GNS430's.

Training is at LCK. it's 4-5 weeks long. Starts with indoc, followed by sim training, then aircraft training. Everyone is initially trained in the Baron. I thought that training was pretty tough. We have a washout rate of roughly 50%. The main thing people have trouble with is the sim portion.

I can't remember what the hotel we stayed at was called, but it was surprisingly nice. I honestly can't remember how much we were paid for training, but it was enough to buy beer and food.

Anyways, not to sound like a company cheerleader, but I have been there 15 months now, and don't regret my decision to go to AirNet one bit. I still have my job, and am not worried about losing it. Base pay for the props is around 28.5k and the average prop pay is around 38-40k.

AirNet has hiring pool right, now. We had one class start with 6 on the 21st of this month. We are interviewing into that pool. Do not know when we will start another class, I have not doubt that we will start soon.

Getting a floater spot should be relative easy, but you just don't know. Guessing on a particular base would just be a guess, so won't guess.

I do belive there is just one A/C in DTW.

Yes there is a training contract. One year and $3000 upfront, I belive.

Right now there is a complete standstill in the Lear. Movement is completely dependent on the expansion promised by management, now that we are private again. Very hard to get any information on that particular subject. We are all waiting here at AirNet.

They are looking for two right now. An extra 12K a year. At the very least they only hire after you have completed training and your 135 check ride.

It can be, but you are mostly limited to extending you rotation in order to achieve that. If the run you are covering have overtime you get paid overtime. I'm not even counting on Pr Diem since it only is $36 and you have to eat something.

Depends on how badly you stink:laugh: Seriously, if your basic instrument skills and knowledge is up to speed you should have no problem getting hired.

I'm sorry to hear about your unemployment!

I hope it works out for people who want to go to airnet and have 121 exp. I do feel however that it will be difficult for many. 135 freight flying is tough, I have never flown 121, but my friends that left to go 121 say it is much easier and most of the people use the autopilot for everything. You will fly through weather, you will hand fly most of the time, you will push the limits of the a/c, things will be MEL'd, but most imporantly, you will have fun doing it. (Did I mention that you WILL fly through weather) I would like to see how people that got hired on at regionals with 250 hrs and only have regional time perform during the training. I hope it works out great for everyone.

Latest resources

Back