Air Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

Can someone give me an idea of a typical monthly schedule?

I have a friend thinking about taking a street captain slot there and I don't think he realizes what he's getting himself into.

He flew the SAAB for a little while and has been flying Beechjets for the past couple years..

Thanks

chperplt said:
Can someone give me an idea of a typical monthly schedule?

I have a friend thinking about taking a street captain slot there and I don't think he realizes what he's getting himself into.

He flew the SAAB for a little while and has been flying Beechjets for the past couple years..

Thanks

he better like the northeast as thats where it is junior (DUJ would be most junior i imagine). if he likes 6-8+ legs w/ no autopilot all with 3+hr sits in PIT then he should sign up. the chief pilot was originally the chief pilot for orville wright's 135 set up. oh and he better be sharp on his paperwork skills as each airplane has on average 4 mel's. all that for $28/hr!

He flew the Saab for Colgan so MELs shouldn't be an issue.

He thinks he's going to get a 4 on 4 off type schedule and I laughed...

Mesa lounge was down when I posted this..

average is 12 days off for a lineholder. There are 3 CA's and 3 FO's in most domiciles. The Top 2 CA's and FO's usually get every weekend off. I am the most senior FO and have a 2 day weekend, a 4 day weekend, and two 3 day weekend in every 28 day(4 week period). The least senior captain and FO work every weekend usually with Tues, Wed, Thur off. Also, you are in your domicile everynight, 99% of the time.

DeltaLima21 said:
average is 12 days off for a lineholder. There are 3 CA's and 3 FO's in most domiciles. The Top 2 CA's and FO's usually get every weekend off. I am the most senior FO and have a 2 day weekend, a 4 day weekend, and two 3 day weekend in every 28 day(4 week period). The least senior captain and FO work every weekend usually with Tues, Wed, Thur off. Also, you are in your domicile everynight, 99% of the time.

And you get to live in Huron, SD -- Home to the largest Pheasant....

chperplt said:
He flew the Saab for Colgan so MELs shouldn't be an issue.

He thinks he's going to get a 4 on 4 off type schedule and I laughed...

Mesa lounge was down when I posted this..

Try 4 on 3 off, and that's only when he gets decently senior. He can plan on a 6 on 3 off on reserve when he starts (only gets 8 days off on rsv) This place does not smell like roses in any way, shape, form, or fashion.

SEFlyer said:
And you get to live in Huron, SD -- Home to the largest Pheasant....

what are we going to learn about today?!?!?!

psysicx said:

Mesa LOunge has been shutdown by our friendly union leadership since things on there weren't going their way. their is a new site being set up as we speak.

Last edited:
CitationLover said:
what are we going to learn about today?!?!?!

We're going to go over here to Omaha, and watch Judge Judy. Probably be in 10 minutes early. Hank would be proud...

Latest resources

Back