Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

McNugent

Whatever...
Anyone have some legitimate contract information for expats flying CRJ900 or equivalent in Southeast Asia?

I'm talking name your contract company, and who you are currently flying for (Not my friends brother makes $10,000,000,000 a month flying a Brazilia around) I've heard a lot of people say how pathetic the Air Mekong contract is, but have nothing to show for it.

I know much more lucrative contracts exist, but cite some sources and give me some overall contract information from other carriers.

Cám ơn

I fly an ATR 72 in India for Kingfisher Airlines. The pay is $8500/month net of Indian taxes, plus housing allowance of $1000 (used to be $1500/month). 12 weeks of leave each year with airline tickets paid by the company. It is not all roses though.......when at work we have one day off per week and the job security is basically nonexistent.......plus I have to live in India. Contract jobs generally pay very well because of the lack of job security and all the added stress of living and working in less than ideal conditions.

(ANA Connection)

EQUIPMENT: CRJ100/200
DOMICILE: Sendai, Japan
TERM: 3 year contract (Renewable)

TRAINING: Approximately 4 Months/No Training Bond Required
CONTRACT TYPE: Non Commuting/Commuting Option Available

During Training $6,344/Mo.
1st Year $7,754/Mo.
2nd Year and on $8,349/Mo.

COMPLETION BONUS: $12,882

BLOCK HOUR: 70 Hours per month.

DAYS OFF FROM WORK: 10 Days Off per Month
VACATION: 24 Days per Year

ACCOMODATION: JPY 125,000 per month apartment rental support

RELOCATION ALLOWANCE: JPY240,000 (Approx. US$2,000)

CHILD EDUCATION SUPPORT: 75% of Tuition of International School

MEDICAL INSURANCE: Insurance Carrier: Multinational Underwriters
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ATR guys in Vietnam make $8000 + benefits.

There are plenty of examples on the other threads about how pathetic the ASA offer is. I dont think you will find ANY left seat contract for what you guys have been offered....It really is pathetic.

Anyone have some legitimate contract information for expats flying CRJ900 or equivalent in Southeast Asia?

I'm talking name your contract company, and who you are currently flying for (Not my friends brother makes $10,000,000,000 a month flying a Brazilia around) I've heard a lot of people say how pathetic the Air Mekong contract is, but have nothing to show for it.

I know much more lucrative contracts exist, but cite some sources and give me some overall contract information from other carriers.

Cám ơn

Does it really matter? Looking at the Mekong offer, it's very obvious that someone that is going there is not going for the money. I'm sure the meetings between the two operations went something like; we need pilots what can we do? Don't worry we can provide our obedient day labor pilots for popular prices.

ASA's SVP of operations (CT) has been quoted as saying that the first year will be the startup year with mostly short hop domestic service, but then hinted that after that the sky is the limit. He stated that they plan on acquiring "larger aircraft" and beginning operations all over the Pacific rim. He said that pilots who sign on the first year will be given priority to re-enlist, and that this is when the good things will happen. He also stated that compensation levels will rise significantly then.

This was a post on APC. When have you ever heard a management person promising significant "pay raises" in a company that hasn't even started to operate yet? It is because he knows that the salary level is 40% bellow market value and even if they increase 20% in the next ten years they will make out like bandits in in a high yield market such as S.E.Asia. My question is this, If you are willing to undercut by 40% to fly a CRJ 900, How much will you undercut to fly an A-320/ B737? How about a 777? Those T&C's are pathetic and they are a very troubling trend if the degradation of salaries that we have experienced in the U.S. spread out to the international market. We have degraded our career up to the point of being the lowest paid professionals of all the industrialized nations and now we are engaged in bringing down the salary levels abroad? They need you more than you know, reject this contract and demand that they bring the T&C's to competitive levels this is ridiculous

I think most of those opposed to the pay have not considered that an ASA pilot still has a senority number and accrues longevity. The reason abroad contracts are 40% higher is because you don't have any job security. When the contract is up, you get to go start over again. An ASA pilot goes straight back to the line in the U.S.. It is really not much more than a base change, and an experience. Don't hate because you don't know what you are going to do when your contract runs out. You really are going to need that extra 40% when your looking for a job.

Last edited:
I think most of those opposed to the pay have not considered that an ASA pilot still has a senority number and accrues longevity. The reason abroad contracts are 40% higher is because you don't have any job security. When the contract is up, you get to go start over again. An ASA pilot goes straight back to the line in the U.S.. It is really not much more than a base change, and an experience. Don't hate because you don't know what you are going to do when your contract runs out. You really are going to need that extra 40% when your looking for a job.

I award you zero points for creativity. Feel as comfortable as you want "knowing" you have a job back at ASA.

Contracts are terminated for countless reasons. The number one being lack of "co-operation" with the contract carrier. Since this is such a lucrative contract for Skywest/ASA, let me ask you this: If you contract is terminated for "cause" (doesn't mean you did a damn thing wrong BTW), how will ASA look upon you when you return? Job security? Hmmm.

What if you are violated, have an accident/incident or become incapacitated while having the time of your life at MeJet? Will ASA welcome you back with open arms then?

Things to ponder for the know-it-alls.

The terms of my last contract were subject to non-disclosure as are many. I find it generous that a few were willing to share their specific T&C. Some are public, some are negotiated and closely held. Some contract jobs have multiple contractors providing pilots with different T&C for each one.

You guys should be grateful for the guys that have taken the time to shed some actual light on your rose colored glasses. We are all brothers, but do we have to be like Cain and Abel? (Nephi and Laman for you Moroni LOL) It is a fact that the MeJet contract undercuts other professionals by 40%.

What a bargaining chip: "If you guys agree to a 40% pay cut, we'll guarantee that you get to keep your job." That's just so awesome.

Oh and just try to apply at Fed-Ex, UPS or a variety of US Gov't contracted carriers. See how far that gets you after working at MeJet. You will be excluded for 3-5 years. But it was worth it to live the crashpad lifestyle with your bros in "'Nam".

I award you zero points for creativity. Feel as comfortable as you want "knowing" you have a job back at ASA.

Contracts are terminated for countless reasons. The number one being lack of "co-operation" with the contract carrier. Since this is such a lucrative contract for Skywest/ASA, let me ask you this: If you contract is terminated for "cause" (doesn't mean you did a damn thing wrong BTW), how will ASA look upon you when you return? Job security? Hmmm.

What if you are violated, have an accident/incident or become incapacitated while having the time of your life at MeJet? Will ASA welcome you back with open arms then?

Things to ponder for the know-it-alls.

The terms of my last contract were subject to non-disclosure as are many. I find it generous that a few were willing to share their specific T&C. Some are public, some are negotiated and closely held. Some contract jobs have multiple contractors providing pilots with different T&C for each one.

You guys should be grateful for the guys that have taken the time to shed some actual light on your rose colored glasses. We are all brothers, but do we have to be like Cain and Abel? (Nephi and Laman for you Moroni LOL) It is a fact that the MeJet contract undercuts other professionals by 40%.

What a bargaining chip: "If you guys agree to a 40% pay cut, we'll guarantee that you get to keep your job." That's just so awesome.

Oh and just try to apply at Fed-Ex, UPS or a variety of US Gov't contracted carriers. See how far that gets you after working at MeJet. You will be excluded for 3-5 years. But it was worth it to live the crashpad lifestyle with your bros in "'Nam".

You guys just keep on beating this dead horse. It is a moot point. They have the interest needed to staff the airline at the current rate offered.

I know of a few who aren't going because the package isn't lucrative enough, but apparently the company targeted the pay/benefits well enough to get the interest they needed. That's just smart business.

apparently the company targeted the pay/benefits well enough to get the interest they needed. That's just smart business.

No, that is just taking advantage of pilots who aren't well informed of salary rates abroad and not given all the facts. We will keep beating on this dead horse as long as it takes for your pilot group to understand that the profit margins due to the S.E. Asia high yield market supports those higher salaries and that your company will be more than willing to increase the pay package to get into this market without scope restriction.

And we will beat on it some more after that because it is shameful that in the United States we have become the lowest paid professionals of all the industrialized nations and now we are going for the lowest paid of third world countries too.:puke:

Latest resources

Back