• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Force to UAL New Hire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He has worked much harder than any of us who went through a military program where everything was handed to us. It is not fair that he does not get recognized for this extraordinary effort he has put out. He is upset than again when the military guy comes into the civilian world they have things handed to them in the form of an airline job. It is not fair that he worked harder and did not get the same breaks.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Wave seemed fairly convinced we all we received military flight training through some political or family connection when most of us either put up with additional classes and responsibilities in college ROTC or PLC to compete for flight training, or we were selected through competition with no guarantees for OCS, where again you had to compete for flight training.

I do think completing civilian training is an accomplishment. The majority of people that start don't finish because they find out flying is not for them, lack motivation, or run out of money. Some people overcome adversity such as poverty do things like mop the floors at the FBO in exchange for flight training or overcome disabilities to earn their certificates. These are great accomplishments.

Anyone ever meet Sully? A really dry wit. Once when asked if the lack of pilots coming out of the military would make the airlines less safe (because we all know that only a fighter jock could ditch) he said, "Well.... to be honest, I learned a lot more about energy management teaching in gliders back home." Should we have affirmative action for those rated in gliders?

Waveflyer has admitted that he flies with great military pilots. Can we hear a little more grace and magnanimity from the other side of the peanut gallery?

Both sides have great pilots; it's just that the civilians aren't bi-lingual. Once, I jump seated on Greak Lakes and told the captain that I got checked out in the C-12 before I left. I wanted to give him some encouragement by appearing sympatico His reaction: "Wow! Awesome. What was it like flying something that big?"
I told him, "You'd be surprised how much it handled like a little 1900"

Nicely done! :beer:

What's a P-3? Does it come with oars or paddles? :D
With a 407 Vne it is an airplane that will run away from a lot of transport category jets, like the DC-9 and DC-8, don't about the C-141, B-737, and A-320 at SL. So I guess those paddels do alright?

Last edited:
Your guys military rivalry humor is amazing- so funny

No seriously, it's so funny

So
So
Funny

Latest resources

Back