Age waiver assistance!

DWW

Total Time
To all AD, Guard, and Ex military personnel who could assist in my situation. I'm currently a C-130 Nav in the Guard. I'm extremely interested in going to pilot training. The only problem is my age! I'm currently 33 and counting. How could I possibly plead my case for an age waiver approval (from the Guard Buearu)? Also, would it be possible for a Guard Guy to apply for AD pilot training? Being a Guard Baby I don't know alot about the active duty side. Any and all suggestions, ideas, personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

DW

OPIE01

Coffee Break is over!
Total Time
Max age

I have seen numerous 35+ year old KC-135 Navs going to pilot training as thier units converted to Pacer Craig, one class had a LtCol select NAV going through. Have you called Youngstown C-130 Reserves, they are hurting for people to go to UPT.

Visceral

Can you pickup a trip?
Total Time
<enuff
All the gossip I hear seems to indicate the guard will hire more easily with the age waiver than active duty will. I would shoot for guard slots more than active duty if I were in your shoes. I'm guessing your own unit won't send you? The rumor mill I've heard is that McConnell is standing up a tanker guard unit, and Puerto Rico is hiring for UPT slots for 130s. This is just crewdogs yappin, but sometimes they actually know facts.

DWW

Total Time
Thanks for the reply guys.

I'll definitely take a look at these units.

Visceral, to answer your question. My unit may take me; but, the problem I'm facing now is airline furlows. My unit has a mess of furlowed pilots twiddling their thumbs. I was hoping to get in off the big pilot shortage complaint. Now, I just don't know.

Anyway, thanks again for the replys!

DWW

OPIE01

Coffee Break is over!
Total Time
Never Take No for an answer

Never Take No for an answer.

Keep asking, as many units as possible. I don't know how many times I was told I could not be a pilot.