• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age limitation for 91K

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does he test for neurological impairment? Is he required to or is that just "his deal". I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever been checked unless it's just done through casual conversation. Does it start at a certain age?

Truly curious...

We should all be careful what we ask for. You never know you may need to work when you are over 65 and flying may be the only way to not have to work until your 85. I just turned 32 today. Retirement is a strange thing to consider. If things continue economically most likely I will never be able to retire.

In other words don't stomp on your own dick.

Been following this string with lots of amusement.

Pontificating punks need to get a clue! Someday you will be looking at this from the other side.

Age is what the body tells the mind. I've decided that 68 is enough after lots of years living out of a suitcase 24 weeks a year. Am I going to miss the flying? You bet. Am I going to miss the airlining, the second-guessing and the checkrides? Nope. Can I still pass a Class I medical? You bet.

I'm lucky. Got a supportive spouse (43 years) who has been encouraging me to follow my dream and a bunch of grandkids who haven't seen enough of me. Of course, that's only my opinion.

It's time to move on and let someone younger than me look to the left for advice and see his reflection in the side window.

Three more months and I'm done. Good luck and beaucoup tailwinds to all.

The last of a dying breed I'm afraid. Congrats! Fair winds to you as well sir!

Fortunately, Flex just lost an elderly pilot because they finally realized he was an idiot that didn't need to be flying, or anything else except playing chess. My point is that some guys just don't know when to turn it in, like this moron I speak of, and nothing anyone can say to them will make a difference so, making it mandatory is the only way to go. I'm so sick of hearing the complaints about not being able to retire financially. If you're 70 years old and are having to work because you didn't prepare for your retirement, you're an idiot. How many layoffs and bankruptcies in this industry over the last 50 years will it take to teach someone to get some freakin financial education?

<<<< I'm so sick of hearing the complaints about not being able to retire financially. If you're 70 years old and are having to work because you didn't prepare for your retirement, you're an idiot. >>>>

There are those pilots who had little or no say in the matter - can I give you my ex-wife's details....??? That little break-up set me back maybe 10 - 15 years on the property ladder - & as for being able to add anything to any retirement fund, ha bl**dy ha!! And my kids from my second marriage aren't in college yet.......

Scatter-gun away at those who blew their 401k on the 5 condo apartments (for different mistresses? :p ) & speedboats, but please be a little more gentle on those who might have had no choice!

<<<< I'm so sick of hearing the complaints about not being able to retire financially. If you're 70 years old and are having to work because you didn't prepare for your retirement, you're an idiot. >>>>

There are those pilots who had little or no say in the matter - can I give you my ex-wife's details....??? That little break-up set me back maybe 10 - 15 years on the property ladder - & as for being able to add anything to any retirement fund, ha bl**dy ha!! And my kids from my second marriage aren't in college yet.......

Scatter-gun away at those who blew their 401k on the 5 condo apartments (for different mistresses? :p ) & speedboats, but please be a little more gentle on those who might have had no choice!
I think we all know the routine by now....marriages and financial responsibility are a pilots worst enemy. I would be willing to bet that most of the pilots working LONG past their prime are doing so because of a failed marriage, and not just financial stupidity. Your arguement doesnt hold water. I do feel bad for your situation, along with the other thousands and thousands of pilots in your boat. Unfortunately for me and everyone else sitting on the streets, we will be waiting a LONG LONG time for guys like you to clean up your mess before we can get back to work.

I know this because my father is retired original PSA and is still happily married....Half of his friends are just like you. They married the strippers, and the yacht club tramps etc etc...Not trying to piss on your parade or say you married a tramp, but your arguement is weak at best.

Please tell me you are not divorced from the second wife!

Member of the 495 support group!!

Last edited:
Thats not gonna happen to any of these young guys Mike.

Mike said;

For Art;

2 guys from Flex, both retired American 767 check airman.

One, lets call him "Wick", married 43 years, lots of money in the bank, did it because he always had. Great guy to fly with.

The other, Lets call him Joe, married like 4 times, all to flight attendants, worked cause he had too.

I'm sure Joe and you thought that their life would be like "Wicks". Didn't turn out that way though did it?

Jenvey, knowing you were gonna be divorced when you got married you should have planned better.

What? You didn't know?........Interesting...........

Actually all you need do is follow the M&Ms.

If you think the early outs were designed to save jobs I have some land on the moon I would love to sell you. It was about MANAGEMENTS concern about the age of some guys that seemed as though they would never leave. It was an OPPORTUNITY to rid themselves of some older guys.
I disagree with you on that one. If management was REALLY that concerned about older pilots, why was there not an age cap on it? There were several of our guys under 40 who took the early out for the money. The intent for NetJets and NJASAP was to save jobs, and it worked for about 6 months like all concessions (voluntary or not).

How much for the moon?

Gotta love the sympathetic feedback on here! :p

You guys must be professional counsellors on your days off!

<<<< Please tell me you are not divorced from the second wife! >>>>

Can't afford to - not that I would want to of course!
[I don't think Mrs J reads on here, but you can never be too careful!]

<<<< Jenvey, knowing you were gonna be divorced when you got married you should have planned better. >>>>

It's that 20/20 relationship hindsight deal, never saw the insurance cover for that one though!

How does he test for neurological impairment? Is he required to or is that just "his deal". I could be wrong but I don't think I've ever been checked unless it's just done through casual conversation. Does it start at a certain age?

Truly curious...

Not that big a deal. It's basically an expanded field sobriety test.
Close your eyes, stretch out tour arms and touch the tip of your nose with each index finger.
Stand with feet together, eyes closed and arms outstretched for 15 seconds.
Take 50 steps in place with eyes closed and arms outstretched.

My AME is a former USAF flight surgeon. He's been doing this for the 12 years I've been going to him.

Latest resources

Back