• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 60 rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nobody knows for sure if the rule will change. Right now its speculation.

NoJoy said:
Nobody knows for sure if the rule will change. Right now its speculation.

Psssssssssst. [whisper] Don't tell FoxHunter. He thinks he knows. [/whisper]

;)

FoxHunter said:
But it really does not matter what you think, the rule will change. BTW, you have to get the job first in order to get the chance to work until the day before you die.:)

Chief.....I have a job :)

Below is the respones rate. This does not look good for us anti-rule change folks!!!

The FAA Age 60 Rule Survey closed at 10 a.m. ET on Friday, April 29, 2005. The survey was open to every U.S. and Canadian member in good standing--including "Active" (AC), "Executive Active" (EA), and "Grievance Pending" (GP) members.
The top 10 pilot groups participating by percentage of response rate were:

Kitty Hawk - 58.39 percent
United - 51.05 percent
FedEx - 50.87 percent
America West - 49.38 percent
ASTAR - 47.49 percent
Alaska - 45.55 percent
Delta - 44.86 percent
Northwest - 44.64 percent
ATA - 44.36 percent
Continental - 42.70 percent​

Below is the respones rate. This does not look good for us anti-rule change folks!!!

I'm not so sure about that. ALPA probably unknowingly did us a favor by making this an online poll. Half the old guys I fly with have a hard time checking their email or pulling weather. Some still refuse to do an online expense report favoring the 'good ole paper method'. Lets hope that the 50% are the computer savvy young' uns. Although I believe ALPA made up their mind on this before even announcing this poll.

Purpledog said:
Half the old guys I fly with have a hard time checking their email or pulling weather. Some still refuse to do an online expense report favoring the 'good ole paper method'. Lets hope that the 50% are the computer savvy young' uns.

Isn't that the truth. Or my favorite, "Oh, I don't trust that FMS".

Fly, not program

However, the old guys can probably fly an airplane, as opposed to program it. True story, hired a glass cockpit/FMS pilot. Heck of a problem in the sim, when quizzed after his first session he stated "I have not hand flown an approach in three years while I was at ABC Air". Give me a pilot who has been single pilot flying a sewer tube, no AP, no FD, no nothing. That guy can fly just like the older pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back