Afoqt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maverick_fp00

I'm scheduled to take the PFT and the AFOQT during spring break this year (end of March). I've been studying for the AFOQT with the "Military Flight Aptitude Tests" book that I bought from Books-A-Million. Some of that stuff is physics, which I never took in high school. I was wondering if somebody (who has taken the AFOQT) could tell me if a lot of that part of the test is, in fact, like the stuff in the practice books.

Thanks

also.. what kind of calculator can be used? i was hoping i could use my TI-83

Last edited:
You can't use any calculator actually. And the questions are just like the one in the book. The thing I found with the AFOQT is that you couldn't really study for it other than just knowing how to do the questions. You only have like 30 seconds in between each section so if the first time you see an electrical maze is at the test you are in big trouble. But how do you study for scale reading, general science, etc? Just know how to tackle each section and you will do fine assuming you have some aviation background.

PFT is the Physical Fitness Test. The PFT is part of OTS. You're looking for an I-FC1 or Class I/IA Flight Physical. Be careful that your recruiter doesn't get you hooked up with other medicals. I drove a few hundred useless miles thanks to one recruiter's lack of attention to detail.

For more information on applying for pilot slots, do a search for posts made by the following people: vandal, airgator, sonic cruzer, and myself. We're not the experts, but we've all asked a lot of questions. :) Good luck!

Skyward80

Latest resources

Back