Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d328pilot

flying in asia
I just did my initial FC1 physical and the depth perception test was a killer. Was I just having a bad day or do a lot of people have difficulty with it? Does anyone know if I have to do it again at Brooks?

the one with the little circles? Rock your head ever so slightly side to side, helps your eyes pick out the closer one.

I have a waiver for that test. I can't pass it to save my life. Don't sweat it if you ever fail. There is a waiver for it. They will then give you some early 1900's test and send you on your way. Don't worry.

Passed it twice, failed it on my FC1, had to go back and do it a month later and passed no problems. Guess I just had a bad day.

Do you know what your interocular pressure was (puff of air test)?

"One little tip, it's always the middle three circles, never the end ones"

I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to bring that up. I've got the last several sets of circles memorized by now.

I've passed 2 and failed 2. What's interesting, I passed my initial at MEPS, failed three years later for a flight physical while trying to xtrain to boomer (didn't get the job), failed at my ANG physical when I Palace Chased, and passed my latest reenlistment physical. I even went to my local eye doc for a normal checkup last year and passed with flying colors. There's definately something wrong with the AF (or just military) depth perception test.

The biggest problem I think everyone forgets (including me) is you can take your time instead of rushing through it. If I remember right, at my last ANG physical they told me I had 10 minutes to complete the test. If you rush it like I have in the past you can be done in a couple minutes. Don't worry about the doc rolling his eyes because you're taking too long...just take your time.

Another tip. Don't look at the circles individually. Just kind of stare past them and the close one will jump out at you. It's almost like crossing your eyes just a little.

Latest resources

Back