Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gas Man

I fly RJ's!
I was wondering if anyone had any firsthand info on the Irish airline Aer Arrann. I am considering jumping a sinking ship and taking the family on an extended vacation in Ireland and would appreciate any general or specific information on pay, bennies, living in Ireland, ect. Thanks in advance!

Oh yeah, the meatball! I used to kick his ass in tennis and Mortal Kombat all day long when we flew together in the states.

I was wondering if anyone had any firsthand info on the Irish airline Aer Arrann. I am considering jumping a sinking ship and taking the family on an extended vacation in Ireland and would appreciate any general or specific information on pay, bennies, living in Ireland, ect. Thanks in advance!

Bringing back the Aer Arann thread to the top. You guys flying out there (ex Empire), how is life in Ireland?

Last time I heard from Aer Arann was last year about this time. British employment contractors were looking for expats. Are they still hiring? What about their minimums? Used to be 1500 PIC multi-crew. Is that still going?

Looking to move to Ireland in a couple of years.

Thks.

I don't think that they are doing validations on FAA licenses any more. The contact agencies specify only JAA licenses now. I know things are slowing down there and they are having about 10 fo's take unpaid leave for the winter. Europe is in as bad of a recession as the US, therefore airlines are furloughing or going out of business.

They just broght on two new ATR's with the understanding the U.S. taxpayers will bail them out if things get tough!

I don't think that they are doing validations on FAA licenses any more. The contact agencies specify only JAA licenses now. I know things are slowing down there and they are having about 10 fo's take unpaid leave for the winter. Europe is in as bad of a recession as the US, therefore airlines are furloughing or going out of business.

Sorry to hear that. Hopfully things will turn around in a couple of years. Anyway I have to wait for the 1000-1500 PIC "magic" number. I hope you guys are enjoying Ireland. I flew there in '99-'00 to Dublin, Cork and Shannon.

Cheers.

I just got an email from one of the recruiters at aeropros and he said that thay are still doing FAA validations.

Are they still looking for 1500 crew PIC at Aer Arann?

Hows life been over there?

The ITC (India Training Company) is still in full force over here. Just heard that 2 or 3 more are heading to India. Man, I don't know anyone around here anymore!!!

Latest resources

Back