Advance Ground School Certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maremare505

Can anybody out there suggest a school in south florida that offers an Advance Ground School Instructor certificate

If I'm not mistaken it's just a written, isn't it? Just find an instructor to sign you off. Matter of fact, I'm not sure it even requires an endorsement to take that written...but I may be wrong about that.

Here is the pertinent reg. Nothing in it about an endorsement.

Sec. 61.213

Eligibility requirements.

(a) To be eligible for a ground instructor certificate or rating a person must:
(1) Be at least 18 years of age;
(2) Be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language. If the applicant is unable to meet one of these requirements due to medical reasons, then the Administrator may place such operating limitations on that applicant's ground instructor certificate as are necessary;
(3) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, pass a knowledge test on the fundamentals of instructing to include--
(i) The learning process;
(ii) Elements of effective teaching;
(iii) Student evaluation and testing;
(iv) Course development;
(v) Lesson planning; and
(vi) Classroom training techniques.
(4) Pass a knowledge test on the aeronautical knowledge areas in--
[(i) For a basic ground instructor rating, Secs. 61.97, 61.105, and 61.309;
(ii) For an advanced ground instructor rating, Secs. 61.97, 61.105, 61.125, 61.155, and 61.309; and]
(iii) For an instrument ground instructor rating, Sec. 61.65.
(b) The knowledge test specified in paragraph (a)(3) of this section is not required if the applicant:
(1) Holds a ground instructor certificate or flight instructor certificate issued under this part;
(2) Holds a current teacher's certificate issued by a State, county, city, or municipality that authorizes the person to teach at an educational level of the 7th grade or higher; or
(3) Is employed as a teacher at an accredited college or university.

I'm not sure it even requires an endorsement to take that written...but I may be wrong about that.

Nope don't need a sign off for IGI/BGI/AGI or the FOI. You need to take FOI + one of the ground instructor ratings. Walk into the FSDO with your passing test results and they have you a temporary license.

Unless you are retarded you can get AGI/IGI/FOI done in a couple of days with a Gleim/ASA book.

The advanced ground instructor certificate is kind of useless and unnecessary for anyone who maintains a CFI.

The advanced ground instructor certificate is kind of useless and unnecessary for anyone who maintains a CFI.

Incorrect, you are not required to keep logs of written sign offs with a ground instructors rating. You are with a CFI. So from a pure paperwork perspective it is great especially if you teach large groups for their written test.

deleted....

Latest resources

Back