Additional UAL Pilot Furloughs today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Union Woes v. Just Flying for a Major

I've been following this thread for several days now and would not even begin to presume that I understand all the nuances of this discussion. I would say that based on most of my work experience that goes back from when I was 16 that the worker generally gets the short end of the stick, though a lot of that depends on the type of profession, specific company and union. As far as aviation is concerned, my best job was my first job with Riddle and I was hosed somewhat there. I was hosed one way or the other by the rest of my aviation employers.

Just the same, although I am on the outside looking in I would have been thrilled beyond belief to have received the chance to fly for a good or even average commuter, much less a major. Count your blessings, guys. There are thousands of folks who have apps in with your companies who would jump for joy to receive the opportunities you've received.

Last edited:
Not really sure why individuals are so worried about scabs in this day and age as I dought that you will see any in the future. With the emphasis placed on not hiring these individuals (not counting the CAL guys) since Eastern, I believe that 99.9% know how harmfull it could be to their career. As for the CAL scabs, nothing anyone can do about them. They cant get a job with any carrier other than the one they are working at. As for ALPA allowing them back in to sway the rest of the CAL pilots, well that just shows you ALPA's bottom line. Ethics dosn't even come into play here.

Latest resources

Back