• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Actual Combat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When you get your first intel brief you'll see what he's talking about...

Vandal, for a "combat hardened" herc veteran...you stheem to be hanging on awful long to that photo of you in your helmet and O2 masthk. Why don't you sthubstitute that photo with a better one of you on the honey bucket? Do you missth thosthe jetsth? Itsth okay...you can be proud to fly the herculeesth!!!

Leon I could give two-S'es what my avatar is and it's been that way since UPT. It looks like yours is about that old as well...

I'd be more worried if I spent time on internet forums quoting crappy SNL characters from 10 years ago (in multiple threads...)

Last edited:
Some of you airforce pukes crack me up. If it wasn't for all the SAFIRE reports coming in around Balad and Speicher I think CENTCOM would shut down the SIPR net. You guys do know that there are coalition small arm ranges right outside both of these complexes right? Not to mention EOD.

Leon I could give two-S'es what my avatar is and it's been that way since UPT. It looks like yours is about that old as well...

I'd be more worried if I spent time on internet forums quoting crappy SNL characters from 10 years ago (in multiple threads...)

Damn, dude, who pi$$ed in your oatmeal this morning? I guess this is what happens when co-pilots miss nappy time.

Some of you airforce pukes crack me up. If it wasn't for all the SAFIRE reports coming in around Balad and Speicher I think CENTCOM would shut down the SIPR net. You guys do know that there are coalition small arm ranges right outside both of these complexes right? Not to mention EOD.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. Seems every brief we go there was some kind SAFIRE in or around Baghdad or Balad reported by an airlifter flying around in the middle of the day. The only ones I paid any attention to were the small arms reports from the helos, and even then it was just to avoid those sectors if it happened w/in the past 30 mins or so. I can't speak for other herc drivers out there, but this wasn't an uncommon conversion on some of our sorties:

"Pilot, Load..."
"Go ahead..."
"I think I saw something..."
"Something? Like what?"
"Dunno, maybe some small arms, could've been a rocket."
"Aimed at us?"
"Coulda been."
"Ok, keep an eye out."

Needless to say, when Intel comes to the debrief this usually ends up getting reported as an event which then hits the airwaves the next day as some kind of big deal. Multiply this scenario by the number of sorties on any given day and I can see how these things keep getting reported. Unfortunately, they sound the same on paper as a no-kidding event which is worth talking about.

Vandal, letsth go have a bottle of courvossthier...clearly the jokesth have your undiesth in a bunch. Relaxsth my friend, all isth good in herculeesth land...it wasth a sthimple obsthervation...thatsth all. Cheersth!

dang, dude, who pi$$ed in your oatmeal this morning? I guess this is what happens when co-pilots miss nappy time.

Who's a co-pilot? Anyway I agree about the SAFIRES, seemed like active duty reported them a lot more than we did...And respect to you COBRA, if anyone is getting shot at it's you guys.

Latest resources

Back