• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Accelerated Flight Crew Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't really have much new to say, but I don't appreciate the personal attack, so I feel I should qualify my comments a bit. I do not work for Sunbird and have never worked at accelerated. I do know several people at Sunbird and can confirm that they have never hired anyone fired from Accelerated. FNB makes another excellent point when he points out that their instructors will sit in back while you rent their plane and log the time as dual given! I did not mention the owner's name in my original post out of professional courtesy, but the information I provided was totally accurate. The professionalism (or lack there of) of providing instruction for free to get multi time is a whole different subject.

I said that AT ONE TIME they had one mechanic working part time on 3 planes. I understand they have significantly more than that now. My infromation was accurate. You are the one who seems to have a personal problem here. I think that the origial poster has some valuable information now. The only person on here with anything good to say about accelerated immediately resorts to personal attacks and wild speculation that I cannot follow procedures and got fired from accelerated. I aced everything I did in my airline training. I can follow procedures, and I didn't need to go to a 2-bit shady operation that employs instructors who are willing to fluck thier brother to get ahead in the form of working for peanuts to learn how to follow proper airline procedures.

Pictures of Accelerated

I recently visited Accelerated and took these pictures. It's definitely not Pan Am but it's also not a dirty unprofessional looking place. Their repair hangar is new and looks very organized. I was told that the upper offices in the hangar will eventually house their training rooms and computers. Currently, they are using it for maintenance on their fleet of twins. The planes are old but they looked well kept. Granted, I'm not an A&P mechanic.

I talked to a few students and they all responded very favorably about the program. Many of them came from other programs and were unhappy with the cost estimates that they were provided. They felt misled. While I was there, the activity was fairly busy. I saw 7 students/teachers in the hour I was there.

The airport is uncontrolled but the training area is very close. Many of the students I talked to that day were traveling cross-country to California and Nevada. They brought along portable GPS receivers to train with. I believe you get experience landing into busy airports through these trips.

Overall I was impressed with their program. It is, however, not for everyone. If your study habits are bad then this place is not for you. They expect that much of your reading take place at home. You need to be self motivated. They do not have organized classroom lecture sessions or a strict syllabus to follow.

I plan on attending there very soon. I am currently studying for my instrument written knowledge exam.

Proxybox
album

This link might work better...

ProxyBox's Photos

No pictures of the employees? I wanted to see they were starving. Also, did you ask about logging from the backseat? :cool:

I instructed at Airman years ago. I remember pumping out CFI's like there was no tomorrow. When I was there they said they did more CFI's than any other school. Not sure now. It was a quick course, and even quicker if you had good students. Check them out.

www.airmanflightschool.com

Airman's DE

Just curious who Airman uses as its DE.

I took two CFI rides and my Commercial multi with Bud Bricker at Wiley Post many years ago and felt wholeheartedly he gave me a square deal.

Guy's name is Will DeGraw. Not sure if he's still there or not, though. A nice guy, but he could be intimidating, and didn't stand for cocky attitudes (don't blame him).

Latest resources

Back