• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACC upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Playing- sorry, "flying"- MS Flight Sim to "try out" for a flying job is like a kid playing soccer on X-box to try out for the varsity team.

Being good at one doesn't automatically equate to being good at the other.

Last edited:
I'm not slamming you, and luckily I don't have to deal with it. Most sims don't fly like a real airplane, my problem is that for some people who this might be there first interview some sim prep would help alot to give a more sense of relaxation. Having a "game" allows no sim prep in the same conditions that you can expect during the actual interview. My company's sim sucks but atleast it's something that has real instruments and you sit in it, easy to tune, easy to ID, easy to adapt to what you've done in the real world.

-Brian

My Interview, the sim had a tunable radio stack, throttle, props, and mix. controls, a switch for landing gear, and a non-CH product type yoke (if i remember correctly) Wasnt toooo bad, cept the sim was stuck in the full nose down trim setting. Was interesting to say the least. They even told us the idea was not to have you hold altitude perfectly...they just wanted to see that you could recognize that you were descending and attempt to correct (aka scan). Also let them know if you had basically instrument skills. Not that bad, but i was def. nervous about it after reading all the gouges.

They won't hire you as a street Captain, but they will upgrade you straight out of new hire if you have sufficient prior experience and they have a pressing need. They won't promise it to you though.

some of the captains that leave acc go to mid-ex based out of milwaukee. If you have excellent and i mean excellent networking skills you might have a very, very slim chance of getting an interview with ups. The problem is is that all the legacies and fed-ex and ups places like to see pic, glass cockpit, jet time. So alot of the guys either end up working for a regional or try getting anyplace they can to get some jet pic.

Latest resources

Back