aca updates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blueridger,

I was actually in the process of editing most of my posts on this thread as you were posting your response.

I do think that more information is needed before critical decisions are made. Some valid points have been offered as to why this TA does nothing except harm the pilot group. There are also compelling arguments as to why it is necessary.

My only appeal at this time is for the pilot group to gather as much information as possible before going to the vote.

I remain eternally ungrateful to the pilots who went to work for Freedom Airlines and thereby started this whipsaw.

Respectfully,
KingAirKiddo

Yes sir....I think your point is well taken.

I have witnessed some of our guys taking heat for being frontloaded against the TA prior to the road shows....as if this were a punishable crime:) It is a perfectly valid stance to have firm beliefs and attitudes already formulated. Lets see the salesmanship of our leadership at work...to overcome this.

Our leadership seems abundantly arrogant these days...recently proclaiming that they were chartered, among other things, "to protect our families." Why don’t they provide me with the financial instruments & then let me handle that one. Ridiculous yet true.....ok now I’m getting O.T.

Blueridgeflyer

Blueridgeflyer said:
Our leadership seems abundantly arrogant these days...recently proclaiming that they were chartered, among other things, "to protect our families."

They must have read some HR book that said that line of bull would "work". :rolleyes:

Re: alright!!

Machdog1 said:
But at least I am considering my options because honestly I don't know whats going to happen if we vote no, can you say you do? I don't know if I'm willing to risk that ,thats all!!

I don't mean to offend you however, your above statement tells me that you are "considering" a YES vote base on fear of the unknown. It is true that you don't know what will happen if you vote NO. It is equally true that you don't know what will happen if you vote YES. The concession guarantee you NOTHING other than less pay. They do NOT guarantee your job security!

You all make valid points lets all try to keep an open mind.

An open mind, with all due respect, is not what you need. You are going to be bombarded by a PR campaign to vote YES, orchestrated by the national union and seconded by your MEC. It will be a sales pitch for thier own behavior and decisions.

It is fine to admire and support your MEC, but it is even better to do it while you protect your intersts. They are not infallible and if you vote NO, it will not be the first time that a TA has been rejected by the membership.

There is no real evidence that concessions are necessary from ANY of the UAL Express carriers. No matter what concessions you make, it won't save UAL and it wont "save" ACA. Your management is using fear tactics, just like the management of AWAC and SKYW. AWAC has already voted. You and SKYW need to say NO until you do KNOW what benefit you will actually get from saying yes.

The bottom line is you do not need to make concession on the basis of "I don't know what will happen if I say no. With or without concessions you still don't know what will happen.

If the people that ar pushing the concessions don't know what will happen, and believe me they DON"T no matter what they say, then WHY are you doing this??

Surplus 1,

You are dead right!!!! There is no need to go to any BS propaganda road show. For all those that think they are going to get the full picture there.......pull your heads out!!! Anyone that has been around the block at least once knows better. Some on this thread make me laugh. They show their inexperience and ignorance about the business world so blatantly. The bottom line is that you will give up pay and benifits. You will get nothing in return, no guarantees. That's all, folks!!!

There is only one solution......see my post in the "General" section titled "Pilots Unite." That is the ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, ONLY way we be able to make things right. If you don't have the fortitude to do this then you just need to shut-up and stop complaining about low wages. And smile when you bend over.

Road Show!!

Well I just got back from the road show, and I think those of you who have already decided to vote no, I recommend, should highly attend. Your future is at stake, if you want that full pay to the last day policy, then that is what exactly you are going to get the last day!! Are MEC and crew has been given all the facts and the future is grim. I know what some of you are thinking that we have been given the scare factor, I truely believe we have been given the cold reality and truth of the situation. Attend the road show!!
Thanks

Re: Road Show!!

Machdog1 said:
I know what some of you are thinking that we have been given the scare factor, I truely believe we have been given the cold reality and truth of the situation. Attend the road show!!
Thanks

Just like I thought, you're an airline managements wet dream. They've got you by the balls and your not complaining one bit.

I'm NOT overpaid! I'm not racing to the bottom! Vote NO.

Re: Re: alright!!

surplus1 said:
I don't mean to offend you however, your above statement tells me that you are "considering" a YES vote base on fear of the unknown. It is true that you don't know what will happen if you vote NO. It is equally true that you don't know what will happen if you vote YES. The concession guarantee you NOTHING other than less pay. They do NOT guarantee your job security!

So let me get this straight. You do not work at ACA, have not seen the TA in complete form, have not spoken with ALPA National reps, have not confered with our MEC or Negotiating Committee and you have the audacity to get on a public webboard and tell everone here that you know exacly what is good for us?

I'm not sure what is worse, you posting your uninformed rant or all you pilots that read and believe it.

Unless you have attended a presentation by our MEC and Negotiating committee then all any of you can offer is speculation and conjecture. I came here to post the details of the TA but it would do little good.

:eek:

Latest resources

Back