ACA full court press

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tarp

Well I have to give management even more credit!

Tom Moore, Rob Coulter(DO), even George Force(CP):

We are being inundated with "VOTE YES" pleas from the company. Lord almighty they are running around trying everything they can to get us to eat this piece of .....you know what contract TA. Emails, letters, hotline messages, everything to scare us.

I can't think of a time when I have seen such inappropriate action from what are supposed to be ethical businessmen.

This TA is a union issue. Our representatives and MEC met with ACA to discuss terms. Our MEC has turned to the membership and said here are the facts - vote as you wish.

This excessive pressure from the company tells me that this deal is so sweet they can't stand the thought of losing it. They can scare us back to 1980 and take complete and utter control of our lives.

For those of you not inside ACA - my apologies - because we are going to follow all you sheep into conceding to lower pay and harder work for all pilots. It looks like Comair will stand alone as a pilot group without peers. I thought we were strong enough but alas, my brothers at ACA are caving as fast as an ice cube on a Las Vegas sidewalk.

I don't care. I'm voting NO and nothing they say can change my mind. When the salary cuts come and work rules change to the intolerable piece of crap we will be left with, I will be forced to leave aviation and go back to Consulting to make a decent and hopefully ethical living.

I hope all you kids enjoy flying the Jets around in the sky. You'll make ACA real happy - young kids with stars in their eyes and dust in their pockets. You'll be poor but happy flying jets like you always wanted. You'll get furloughed, beaten up, asked for concession after concession until you really will be paid minimum wage to be a pilot. Heck, you'll even stand a chance of hitting the big time and going to a major airline where you can be a "real" pilot. But for me the dream looks like it is over - management again has screwed the worker - the rich get rich and the poor get poorer.

Disgusted with everyone who votes YES and still voting NO.

Tarp

Sorry Guys!

Here, here tarp, my thoughts exactly.

Regional pilots, I'm afraid ACA mgmt, chief pilots and MEC have gone on a YES vote blitz. They are reaching every pilot, especially those who have not formed an opinion or a very fickle. A YES vote is on the horizon. Our Dir of Opts has even posted a dire message on our ACAlink (used by ALL pilots weekly and available in ALL crew rooms) while the ALPA message boards tend to be more NO weighted but are not availble in the crew rooms and not frequented by nearly as many pilots.

Like tarp said I have taken this time to soul search whether this industry is even worth it. 30K/ year and away from home 18 days a month doesn't cut it. If we take pay cuts I'll be in the same position pay wise in 3 years as I'm in now, EXCEPT I'll have more expenses (ie kids). I'm not afraid to lose my job with a NO vote because the money is not worth it as a 30 yr old. Perhaps if I was 22 and still living in my folks basement I wouldn't care (these junior pilots are voting YES).

I'm still holding out for a NO vote but think mgmt. has attacked those weak pilots running scared. The same pilots who saw a 70 seat pay chart and probably believe 70 seaters are a done deal. Oh the horror, the horror...............

Sorry guys!

Re: Sorry Guys!

AirBoard said:
I'm not afraid to lose my job with a NO vote because the money is not worth it as a 30 yr old. Perhaps if I was 22 and still living in my folks basement I wouldn't care (these junior pilots are voting YES). Sorry guys!

Don't apologize. It's not like you're asking for unreasonable pay. Flying airplanes with paying passengers is important work. The real joke in all this is the premise that somehow 1500 pilots taking some paycuts at ACA is going to help save UAL. This TA is not the end. It is the beginning of the way pilot/management negotiations are going to go in the future.:eek:

Re: Re: Sorry Guys!

Ziggy1 said:
[BThis TA is not the end. It is the beginning of the way pilot/management negotiations are going to go in the future.:eek: [/B]

You're right, the race downhill continues, the experienced pilots quit, the inexperienced take their place, a couple smoking holes later and the public cries foul asking why such inexperienced people are flying planes - then we get paid our worth!

Latest resources

Back