ABX Goes on Strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Heard this morning that the ABX pilots walked on the job. The Atlas, Kalitta, and Polar pilots are honoring the pickets lines. This puts a big bind on Amazon as the peak shipping season arrives. There is no spare lift at UPS or FedEx, both of them are running close to last year's peak right now.

yip,

Forgive my ignorance of the details, but how are the Atlas, Kalitta, and Polar pilots related to ABX pilots unionwise that allows them to honor picket lines ?

yip,

Forgive my ignorance of the details, but how are the Atlas, Kalitta, and Polar pilots related to ABX pilots unionwise that allows them to honor picket lines ?
They are all hauling DHL air cargo, so all of the contracted airlines, well almost have elected to not cross the line. Preventing DHL from shifting from air carrier to another.

So, there's some debate about the legality of this strike ? And there's a court hearing about that today ?

My contacts at DHL are claiming that it's illegal.

Is this a legit "working conditions" strike or a greed strike? Holding holiday deliveries hostage...stay classy ABX!

This whole episode has gone rather silent. No further info from the pilots ?

Latest resources

Back